still waiting

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
djkentai

Post by djkentai »

first ever Porsche always had Audis Macan S ordered end feb 2019 still no news about delivery , found this forum just wanted to post a hello :).
my code http://www.porsche-code.com/PKB96N14

djkentai

Post by djkentai »

OOPS WRONG CODE
should be http//www.porsche-code.com/PK5IX1Y7
Last edited by djkentai on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Have you locked down the specification?

The clock starts when your sales guy has a confirmed build slot for you.

Eg
They ask for Lockdown about 6 weeks prior to having a confirmed build slot for you.
3 day build
Transport to OPC in the range 1-4 weeks.

Waiting for your first Macan is hell but it is now far shorter than itbwas.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
djkentai

Post by djkentai »

thanks for the welcome , no I haven't locked down yet , I was told possibly delivery in May but to expect it to be more like June . slightly confused as a few on here have ordered in the last week and have been told possible may delivery ? , I guess it comes down to build slots at the dealer you are using .
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

djkentai wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 pm I guess it comes down to build slots at the dealer you are using .
^^^ Yes it does, and welcome to our friendly forum. :) Congrats on the Macan order.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

djkentai wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 pm thanks for the welcome , no I haven't locked down yet , I was told possibly delivery in May but to expect it to be more like June . slightly confused as a few on here have ordered in the last week and have been told possible may delivery ? , I guess it comes down to build slots at the dealer you are using .
Correct.

Not all OPCs are the same, some receive more build slots than others.

Also depends upon your place on the list, not that it is fixed, your place is at the whim of the OPC.

As you have not locked down it is worthwhile ringing a few other OPCs about how quick you can receive a build slot from them.

If then you could get a confirmed build slot elsewhere put pressure on your OPC.

BTW deposits are fully refundable until Lockdown.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
djkentai

Post by djkentai »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:14 am
djkentai wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 pm thanks for the welcome , no I haven't locked down yet , I was told possibly delivery in May but to expect it to be more like June . slightly confused as a few on here have ordered in the last week and have been told possible may delivery ? , I guess it comes down to build slots at the dealer you are using .
Correct.

Not all OPCs are the same, some receive more build slots than others.

Also depends upon your place on the list, not that it is fixed, your place is at the whim of the OPC.

As you have not locked down it is worthwhile ringing a few other OPCs about how quick you can receive a build slot from them.

If then you could get a confirmed build slot elsewhere put pressure on your OPC.

BTW deposits are fully refundable until Lockdown.
Might try that , thank you
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Since it is 5 or 6 weeks since you placed your order you should be receiving an invitation to go to Silverstone PEC for the freebie 1/2 session their driving a Macan to its limits on the circuits.

Check out PEC posts for more info.
Col
Macan Turbo
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Lovely looking spec. 👍👍👍
djkentai

Post by djkentai »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am Since it is 5 or 6 weeks since you placed your order you should be receiving an invitation to go to Silverstone PEC for the freebie 1/2 session their driving a Macan to its limits on the circuits.

Check out PEC posts for more info.
already had my invitation through ,really looking forward to that :D