Just got my macan 2L

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Just to add I've driven the Caymen S too for a weekend and that was rapid,. I certainly wouldn't want to own anything any quicker than that, it was quite scary to be honest. I think the Caymen is a very very good choice with a price tag & performance that makes the likes GT4 unjustifiable in my opinion, that is unless of course you have no limits on budget, so why not!

Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Top gear recent review of New Macan 2019 was making a choice between Macan 2L and 3L and no mention of other makes in this review.
Top gear choice of The New Macan was the 2L came as their choice.
Just to put the record straight....
For me whatever you buy ,it is your preference based on what suits you best regardless of engine size,torque ,speed...etc..etc
The world is full of cars far superior than the Macan of whatever engine you have and let’s close this farcical argument on who has the better car or engine size. No offence to anyone.
Just enjoy it
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Anyone who buys a car based purely on reviews of questionable Magazines is surely being misinformed yo a degree.

If we read and went by the reviews of a certain mag then we would be all driving around in JLR products such is their bias towards that range of products.

It is what works for you, your lifestyle and your family that matters.

One thing nobody can say with informed knowledge is that the 2.0 litre is all the engine anyone can ever need in a Macan, especially if the person concerned has not driven a Macan S, GTS or Turbo.

There is nothing wrong with a 2.0 litre Macan if that is what ticks the boxes for you, it ticks no boxes for me as you have no doubt ascertained that by now.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

No doubt people's view of how the 2.0l drives comes down to what you experienced in your previous vehicles. I am under no illusion, the S is a very pokey car and the 2k price difference is actually an amazingly small price on top of the base model to get it. However, I for one am of the mind that if I wanted a fast car I wouldn't be buying an SUV. I'm saving that for later on when I don't have my kids at home and am too old to drag myself off on my mountain bike.

Saying that, my previous cars have been a 1.6l StreetKA then a 1.8l D BMW 1 series and a 2.0l D Sportage. The Macan 2.0l still feels sporty compared to them and it will satisfy my requirements (for now ;))

Had confirmation today that the detailing (not OPC but independent detailer booked by us, doing it at the dealership) will be completed on Sunday morning and I can pick up on MONDAY!!!!! :D :D :D
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

T4LGO wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm When you look at the extra kit you get standard on the S (getting on for £2000) and the better resale.. I thought it was a no brainer to go for the 3.0L V6 ..
What extra kit do you get as standard on the 6-cylinder S over the 4-cylinder Macan?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 pm
T4LGO wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm When you look at the extra kit you get standard on the S (getting on for £2000) and the better resale.. I thought it was a no brainer to go for the 3.0L V6 ..
What extra kit do you get as standard on the 6-cylinder S over the 4-cylinder Macan?
There are some cosmetic differences, chrome window surrounds, double exhaust pipes, piano interior finish. All of which I would've had to pay to get rid off as I don't like them (except the exhaust, but it would need to be black) It pushed my S configuration up to 61K so an actual difference of £8,000, nope not THAT bothered.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

...Upgraded alloys, aluminium door plates, bigger brakes (6 pot vs 4 pot) painted in silver, black gloss interior rather than more matte plastic, grey rev counter, 4 round real exhausts and chrome window surrounds rather than matte plastic..

You would really pay to get all that downgraded ????...

Put it this way look at the S as a option to tick on the 2.0 which gives you all the above and a 3.0 V6 ... for £2k .. I know I would tick it..

Or if there was a option on the S to give you a 4.0 V8 with 450 bhp and more kit for 2k .. I'd tick that too....

Both great cars each to there own ..
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

If you want the 2l that's fine and your entitled to that. But just stop dreaming it's the same performance or even better in corners than the 3l. At least be realistic!!
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

T4LGO wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:25 pm ...Upgraded alloys, aluminium door plates, bigger brakes (6 pot vs 4 pot) painted in silver, black gloss interior rather than more matte plastic, grey rev counter, 4 round real exhausts and chrome window surrounds rather than matte plastic..

You would really pay to get all that downgraded ????...
:oops: I'm afraid so, I don't like chrome window surrounds on any car really, and I didn't like the glossy black. So if I had gone for the S I would definitely paid to remove them. My 2.0l came with black window surrounds and a matt interior as standard. I've added the black sports exhaust pipes as an extra and got the wheels I would've picked regardless of model. I admit the brakes and door plates (and more power!!) would've been nice but this is my first Porsche purchase and I'm stretching the budget anyway, it just seemed unnecessary to me.

Like you said both cars are great, there is a def market for each and as long as everyone is happily motoring all is well. :D
Sal