Just got my macan 2L

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Charliemonkey

Post by Charliemonkey »

Well said MrsMacan. [emoji106]

Your money your choice. I hope that some of the comments in this thread do not spoil your big day.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Personally I completely understand the choice of 2l for some, I did go for the S myself but I also understand that equally an attraction of the car to me was the overall look, feel and quality, plus being a Porsche which you would equally get from the 2l. So if the extra power was not the priority and if slightly better economy was valued along with some small savings I can understand fully the choice for some.
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey
Paul

Post by Paul »

+1

Just enjoy your car

(it’s be the same old nonsense since the 2.0 was first introduced......)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

You're all wrong! The 3.0 V6 Diesel is obviously the best engine ;-) :D Sadly no longer an option.

But when inevitably I chop mine in for a Mk2 it would have to be the 3.0S. We have the VAG 2.0 TFSI engine in our TT and it's perfectly fine for propelling a 1375kg car around but a car weighing 500kg more is going to be a different proposition. Of course that's just me, other people have their own preferences/priorities. :)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

MrsMacan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 am
T4LGO wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:25 pm ...Upgraded alloys, aluminium door plates, bigger brakes (6 pot vs 4 pot) painted in silver, black gloss interior rather than more matte plastic, grey rev counter, 4 round real exhausts and chrome window surrounds rather than matte plastic..

You would really pay to get all that downgraded ????...

:oops: I'm afraid so, I don't like chrome window surrounds on any car really, and I didn't like the glossy black. So if I had gone for the S I would definitely paid to remove them. My 2.0l came with black window surrounds and a matt interior as standard. I've added the black sports exhaust pipes as an extra and got the wheels I would've picked regardless of model. I admit the brakes and door plates (and more power!!) would've been nice but this is my first Porsche purchase and I'm stretching the budget anyway, it just seemed unnecessary to me.

Like you said both cars are great, there is a def market for each and as long as everyone is happily motoring all is well. :D
Ok thanks great its your car your choice, your taste.

I am sure you will enjoy what is an excellent car !

Tal
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
ConnorMwS

Post by ConnorMwS »

Charliemonkey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 am Well said MrsMacan. [emoji106]

Your money your choice. I hope that some of the comments in this thread do not spoil your big day.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ah, believe me, he will not regret about money he spent :)
When you pay for any little piece of something, that is connected with Porsche - you can be sure you will not regret :)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 am +1

Just enjoy your car

(it’s be the same old nonsense since the 2.0 was first introduced......)
Agreed, Paul. This antagonism against the 2.0 has annoyed & frustrated me since the start of my Porsche journey. :( A journey that started with a 2.0 Macan. 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi all your forum readers, I've been driving my 2L Macan since the New Year and find the performance/power available just fine, when I get the chance one day I will drive the 3L to make a comparison but just a thought - one thing that has been overlooked in this debate is that when you test drive a Macan 2L the OPC's car will have 95RON fuel in the tank, the first full tank of 'free' fuel on delivery will also be standard 95RON unleaded. As we all know Porsche recommend the higher spec 98RON Premium super unleaded, (Ultimate, Nitro+, V-Power, Momentum etc...) for your Macan, I know the engine electronics can handle the standard unleaded but to get the best performance you should be using the recommended fuel. A reminder to use 98RON is also on a label inside the fuel filler flap! This might have some bearing on your first impression regards to performance of the 2L during any test drive??

Extract from a recent AutoExpress feature on Premium petrol:
Octane is a chemical component of petrol, and the amount of octane contained within the fuel determines how well it will work in higher compression engines - high octane fuel works more effectively than lower rated fuels. The standard rating for petrol in the UK is 95 octane, and every car sold in the UK has its electronics tuned so that it can run properly on this fuel. The real benefits of super fuels can be had by owners of performance cars. While many of these cars will work perfectly well on regular petrol, you should be able to tell the difference if you fill your tank with high-octane fuel. Improved throttle response will be the clearest indication of its benefit, while the engine should rev more freely and should deliver more power. If your car needs high octane fuel, it will be noted in the owner's manual.
I'll post a couple of pics if someone can tell me how too...… thanks
Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Click on “full editor and preview” then add an attachment.....

57590FEE-E26B-4AFC-B312-584BD076C2E0.png

1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
robbie

Post by robbie »

Here you go...………………….

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG