2018 Macan White in India

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

Rigger wrote: ↑Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 am Congrats Rajiv, great to see Macans and other Porsche on the road in India; I travel to Bangalore a lot and see a few on the roads there. Hope you went for the quadruple horn option! Lovely colour on the Merc too.
Thank you! The closest Porsche dealer to my place (Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu) is Bangalore and we took delivery of the Macan over there. I think all cars need the quadruple horn option here ha ha.

rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

Panthera wrote: ↑Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:53 am Congratulations Rajiv and welcome to the forum :-)
Thank you!
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

ScotMac wrote: ↑Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm Welcome :D :D :D

Annual road tax here can be a "bit of a rip off" too.

Lovely cars πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks!!!
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

Semerka wrote: ↑Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:17 pm I like the little cheeky Suzuki! 8-)

Welcome to the forum, Rajiv! :)
Thank you so much! The Suzuki is a India specific sedan called the DZire based on the Swift platform. And it's painted in AMG Sunset Beam Metallic :)
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

microbe wrote: ↑Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:27 pm Congratulations Rajiv. Tax costs and insurance costs are unbelievable in India.

Do you get free petrol to make up for it :D
Thanks!! And I wish we get free fuel. Although we pay only 0.84p a liter for regular petrol. I want to know if fuelling with 97 octane will make a difference in this car?
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

Anyway guys, I'm currently getting all the unpainted black trims painted to body color and the front grill parts painted in glossy piano black. Will keep you guys posted with pics once it's done :)

IMG_9772.jpg

MCS

Post by MCS »

Why do I see so many Audi cars in north India (Punjab) - are they assembled in India and hence no import duties?
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

@MCS Many brands like Audi, BMW, Mercedes have their assembly plants in India. They still have import duties for all the parts coming in from other countries but the tax rate is marginally lower. For example the base Q3 starts off at 50,000 GBP
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Hi Rajiv, great to see you getting a Macan in India... hopefully your car tax contributions will be invested in the road infrastructure. How do you navigate through traffic to avoid scratches and bumps? It must be a challenge.

I have been to Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad, incredible places with lots of energy, smart people and drive to succeed. You must be an icon and a role model for the kids to study harder and also make a great success in life. Well done!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
rajivsrihari

Post by rajivsrihari »

@Pivot The city roads in India are quite bad and I've seen it go from bad to worse in the last 10 years unfortunately. And driving in India is a constant struggle to avoid the people all around you. Hardly anyone understands traffic rules and even lesser people obey them (including cops) And thank you for your kind words about me.