Crayon Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ianst

Post by ianst »

Fairynuff wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm
Riomacan wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 pm Chrome surrounds so dated.
Crayon - new idea, extra cost = must be good! For me it looks like the inside of my cooking pot. I wouldn't have crayon if it came with a discount. As previously stated "it's in the eye of the beholder" but . . . why, after years of colour and metallic colour is crayon now a more attractive choice? Answer - because it's new and cost more so it must be better!

Chrome (brushed aluminium) is dated - so are prawn cocktails prawns but for me prawns and marie rose sauce taste as good today as they ever did - some things transcend fashions trends and some fashion trends come and go.
I like crayon, it's different, a bit special. We didn't however order it, overruled :(
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

TH17ROW

Post by TH17ROW »

ianst wrote:
Fairynuff wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm
Riomacan wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 pm Chrome surrounds so dated.
Crayon - new idea, extra cost = must be good! For me it looks like the inside of my cooking pot. I wouldn't have crayon if it came with a discount. As previously stated "it's in the eye of the beholder" but . . . why, after years of colour and metallic colour is crayon now a more attractive choice? Answer - because it's new and cost more so it must be better!

Chrome (brushed aluminium) is dated - so are prawn cocktails prawns but for me prawns and marie rose sauce taste as good today as they ever did - some things transcend fashions trends and some fashion trends come and go.
I like crayon, it's different, a bit special. We didn't however order it, overruled :(
My Mrs doesn’t like it either but I couldn’t wait for the Sapphire Blue she wanted so bit the bullet.

She’ll come round in time [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrisr111

Post by chrisr111 »

Whilst I have optioned PASM on my Macan S that I'm currently impatiently waiting to arrive. I had a loan of a Macan S the other day, which had the standard passive dampers plus 21s and the ride was absolutely fine. My wife has become particularly sensitive to stiffly sprung cars over the years and she didn't bat an eyelid. That was over a range of road surfaces including speed bumps and potholes etc.

Chris.
TH17ROW

Post by TH17ROW »

chrisr111 wrote:Whilst I have optioned PASM on my Macan S that I'm currently impatiently waiting to arrive. I had a loan of a Macan S the other day, which had the standard passive dampers plus 21s and the ride was absolutely fine. My wife has become particularly sensitive to stiffly sprung cars over the years and she didn't bat an eyelid. That was over a range of road surfaces including speed bumps and potholes etc.

Chris.
Glad there are some people out there that do realise there is a difference. Also the new Macan has different springs and bushes so [emoji1303][emoji1303]

ianst

Post by ianst »

we test drive one without pasm, didn't think it was overly harsh, certainly nothing like m sport and run flat harsh. Its often repeated as fact on here that you need pasm, but to be honest its not true.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
TH17ROW

Post by TH17ROW »

ianst wrote:we test drive one without pasm, didn't think it was overly harsh, certainly nothing like m sport and run flat harsh. Its often repeated as fact on here that you need pasm, but to be honest its not true.
Music to my ears.

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I had a test drive of both before I bought mine. And TBH there didn't seem a lot of difference. So opted for 21's with the old cart sprung suspension. Absolutely fine by me. :)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Interesting comments on PASM and non-PASM cars. I have owned both and, IMO, there is a night and day difference between the two. My first Porsche was non-PASM and would never buy another non-PASM Porsche. I guess it depends on your driving style and the surfaces you drive over although I will concede that I havent driven a non-PASM car for 2.5 years and the standard suspension may have improved substantially.

At the end of the day, if you're happy that's all that counts so crack on and enjoy a lovely car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
TH17ROW

Post by TH17ROW »

VanB wrote:Interesting comments on PASM and non-PASM cars. I have owned both and, IMO, there is a night and day difference between the two. My first Porsche was non-PASM and would never buy another non-PASM Porsche. I guess it depends on your driving style and the surfaces you drive over although I will concede that I havent driven a non-PASM car for 2.5 years and the standard suspension may have improved substantially.

At the end of the day, if you're happy that's all that counts so crack on and enjoy a lovely car.
[emoji1303][emoji1303]