Bluetooth connectivity issues

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Umme

Post by Umme »

Hello All,
First time Porsche owner. When I pair my mobile phone to my 2014 Porsche Macan’s Bluetooth Infotainment system, it intermittently loses network connection for no apparent reason. I’m unable to make or receive calls. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem to this, and if so, can you suggest a solution?

To elaborate, the mobile network gets deactivated, when I try to call out using the PCM I get a message ' not registered on the network' and when I call my number with a different phone I get a message the mobile is unavailable.

I have received a call or 2 when paired to the car but mostly fails.

Appreciate any help,
Thank you

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

What phone is it? What have you tried doing to fix it? Have you tried pairing another phone?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you can plug it in the USB socket that there should be in the centre arm rest it should bypass the Bluetooth and become hard wired.

Maybe not ideal but it will allow you to send and receive calls and so check out that part of the in car system works.

Do come back to us with the results.

Also you may want to check with the OPC if your Macan has up to date software.

In my first Macan, Bluetooth was rather hit and miss with my iPhone despite the mobile being up to date with its operating system and a generation newer than the minimum spec that was supposed to work.

A new phone solved the problem.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Umme

Post by Umme »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 am What phone is it? What have you tried doing to fix it? Have you tried pairing another phone?
I have a Samsung S9plus and my partner has a S8 plus. I've tried both phones and same result.
Umme

Post by Umme »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:13 am If you can plug it in the USB socket that there should be in the centre arm rest it should bypass the Bluetooth and become hard wired.

Maybe not ideal but it will allow you to send and receive calls and so check out that part of the in car system works.

Do come back to us with the results.

Also you may want to check with the OPC if your Macan has up to date software.

In my first Macan, Bluetooth was rather hit and miss with my iPhone despite the mobile being up to date with its operating system and a generation newer than the minimum spec that was supposed to work.

A new phone solved the problem.
Hi Col, thank you for your suggestion
I plugged in through the usb socket but it's behaving exactly the same, the PCM after the phone is paired is stuck in searching for the phone's network.

I am in Melbourne hence the delay in response.

Cheers
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Sounds like a software update on the Macan May be required. I have no problems with mine (iPhone X).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Umme

Post by Umme »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:43 am Sounds like a software update on the Macan May be required. I have no problems with mine (iPhone X).
Thanks Charles, I asked the dealer and he quoted $645 ( AUD) for a software update, will need to start a new thread for a cheaper software update options :)