Hello - Looking to buy

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I'm not sure about BMW but my Audi's and Merc's came with 3 years connect services whereas with my Macan, Porsche Car Connect is only free for a year and Car connect 2 years, thereafter they're charged services. This is just one more example of Porsche draining every penny they can from Porsche owners. A new Porsche costs enough for these services to be free for the first 3 years in line with other prestige brands.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

adam b

Post by adam b »

MCDK wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 pm Sat nav was standard from early 2016 so any 2017 car will have it ok.
Incorrect - cars had PCM but the bcc module was an extra on all but the Turbo

(Which is Porsche having a laugh frankly)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

What is the bcc module please?

As an update, we drove an X4M on Saturday for an hour and neither the missus or I liked it compared to the Macan. Too much hard scratchy plastic and things missing on a £60k car and a backwards step from our current 535d.
So, the search for a Macan diesel begins. I’ve seen a nice one with everything I want apart from PASM. The question is do I need this on a Macan Diesel? It’s running on 21” wheels, if that makes any difference?

Thanks for your help so far.

Ian
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PASM, do you need it?

Have you had or driven a Beamer with M suspension and flat Run Flat tyres, for that is the way I liken the ride of a Macan on large wheel. It is dire with every bump and hole in the road transferred back into the car. If the Macan is simply a town car for shopping, kid runs, etc then no it probably is not necessary.

Try to find a PASMless Macan with 21” wheels to test drive, after which I am pretty sure you will agree with me.

Inside a Macan has seen two updates since it was introduced, the latest is the facelift but the first one was mid 2016 which gave a different PCM, mobile phone connection became standard as did the heating controls in the rear.

The connection services came in two versions Connect and Connect+ which gives different functionality with connect+ giving access to online services which are free for two years thereafter £119.

There are Apps related to owning a Porsche that you may wish to followup on.

Now just to add to confusion Porsche have Car Connect which is the Vodafone Telesomethingorother, which is the remote monitoring and tracking, it is a three part subscription base system with the base free for a short period. Probably fair to say that most give up on it unless their insurance requires it. I found it useless on two Macans.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

So are we saying that PASM should be specified if 21" wheels are fitted? I am well used to M Sport suspension and my current 535d has 21" wheels with passive dampers.
I have driven a standard diesel Macan without PASM and 18" wheels, it rode very well indeed.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am So are we saying that PASM should be specified if 21" wheels are fitted? I am well used to M Sport suspension and my current 535d has 21" wheels with passive dampers.
I have driven a standard diesel Macan without PASM and 18" wheels, it rode very well indeed.
It is a personal preference as to what to include or not, I use the Beamer analogy as I find their M suspension and run flats give a very hard, harsh ride and it is not one that I would suffer day in day out.

The Macan you test drove, did you do so over rough uneven roads and did you hustle along country roads as fast as it was safe to do so?

If not try to do so next time in a back to back test drive of a pair of Macans one with and one without, try to do the same routes, it will be interesting to read your thoughts on the difference you feel in ride and handling after your back to back test drives

Personally I would walk away from any Macan that did not have PASM, 14 way seats, RevCam and at least Xenons as absolute minimums.

Good luck finding a suitable SD.

btw a tip.
The SD is a bit odd in the Macan range, in comfort mode the engine and gearbox can be a bit lethargic to get it moving. To feel this try flooring the throttle from 40mph and there may well be a slight pause, it is not turbo lag, it is the gearbox thinking about changing. It changes and the SD then takes off pretty quickly. Now press the Sport button and try it again, you should feel that you are in a totally different car. Sport mode for me actually made driving around town and in traffic so much more pleasurable. I only used comfort mode (Sport or Sport+ off) when on motorway or cruising. I have driven six SD’s and owned one and they all had this hesitation in comfort mode.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I did test drive the Macan SD without PASM over broken surfaces on small country roads at speed, it felt good to me. I have only driven the 2ltr petrol with PASM and that is not a fair comparison to a SD without PASM, it did feel very hard though.
Perhaps I should avoid the 21" wheels?

I do know what you mean about the lag in comfort mode, I noticed this straight away on the test drive and the SE told me to put it into sport mode which more or less cured the problem. The problem is I'm used to the 535d which is very quick, but I'm prepared to accept the speed disadvantage of the Macan.
adam b

Post by adam b »

adam b wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:21 am
MCDK wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 pm Sat nav was standard from early 2016 so any 2017 car will have it ok.

Incorrect - cars had PCM but the navigation module was an extra on all but the Turbo in 2016

(Which is Porsche having a laugh frankly)
Sorry Ian

Have corrected my daft typo
Last edited by adam b on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ianst

Post by ianst »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am So are we saying that PASM should be specified if 21" wheels are fitted? I am well used to M Sport suspension and my current 535d has 21" wheels with passive dampers.
This forum is obsessed with having PASM, it certainly wasnt as bad as an m sport/run flat, drove fine without.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
adam b

Post by adam b »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am So are we saying that PASM should be specified if 21" wheels are fitted?
I certainly am yes , in fact I would want PASM regardless of wheel sizes but especially on 20 or 21