Macan GTS (MY2017) - Grüezi from Switzerland!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^ The combination of winter tyres and the Macan's standard traction control system will be more than adequate in snow conditions.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

suicidalguitar

Post by suicidalguitar »

First of all, thank you all for your help.

We brought it home last Thursday. Pretty happy at the moment. After so many Audis for the last 10years, it's nice to experience something different.
What a great driving machine (how the hell a SUV drives like this is beyond me), and what a great sound from that exhaust. Quality in the interior is really nice. Similar to what I was used to in the C7 Audi S7. And a touch better then the 2012 Q7 (4L). There's a ratlle somewhere around the glovebox that should not be difficult to solve. Only noticible at cold start (what a great sound again) and over potholes.

PDK really is something else. I've had S-tronic in TT, S5, S7. They were fast, but PDK is insane, especially in Sport Plus mode.

Wheels... Not my favorite. Would prefer the 20" Spyders in black. I'll need to buy winter wheels anyway. I'm already looking for a deal on those for winter use, which here is 5/6 months. Definitely worth getting something nice.

Not everything is perfect though. That gap where the hood meets the front doors go a little bit beyond what's acceptable after the car gets hot... Almost not noticeble when cold...
I wasn't expecting something like that and for a moment I was scared the car has been in an accident (though the contract states that the car is accident free). I was "happy" (relieved? :| ) to find out it's a common issue with the Macan.

Power... It's not as brutal as the S7 (tuned to 520hp). That car made me grab the steering wheels with both hands everytime I flored it. A Turbo Performance Package would be great, but too expensive at the moment to get a low mileage and similar specs (color/interior) to this GTS. I'll learn to live with it. It definitely needs and likes to be revved higher than my last cars (which is surprising for a turbo engine).

The tech inside is a bit beyond what I'm used too, but I was aware of that. The fact that it doesn't have Porsche Connect contributes to that. But I don't use Apple products so it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway... I'll need to find a solution to get Android and/or AndroidAuto.

Comfort is pretty nice... Thankfully the car has Air Suspension. It needs it with the 21" alloys.
Love the way the 18ways seats grab me on the corners. I'm still to decide if the seats are a bit too hard for my back/bottom on longer trips...

Will try to find some time to take pictures of the inside.

Thank you for your help. Nice vibes around. I'll definitely keep an eye (and hopefully contribute) on this forum.
ianst

Post by ianst »

your pics don't work
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
suicidalguitar

Post by suicidalguitar »

Sorry, I can see them in my phone and computer so I though they'd work for everyone :?
What about now?

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Yes, can see the pictures now, you have a nice car there. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

suicidalguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:41 pm Sorry, I can see them in my phone and computer so I though they'd work for everyone :?
What about now?
Perfectly visible on my iPad. Great car. Congrats! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018