Say hi...

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Eckman

Post by Eckman »

happy days wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:44 am Use a clay bar to get the paintwork smooth.
Ok.. will give it a go..πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Guy

Post by Guy »

Other on the forum will recommend other makes, but I have used Autoglym's claybar in the past to good effect. They have some handy videos on their site explaining how to use their products. Here's the claybar detailing one:

It looks quite a tedious process but is actually quite straightforward and quick once you get going!
Eckman

Post by Eckman »

Guy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am Other on the forum will recommend other makes, but I have used Autoglym's claybar in the past to good effect. They have some handy videos on their site explaining how to use their products. Here's the claybar detailing one:

It looks quite a tedious process but is actually quite straightforward and quick once you get going!
Cheers..will do.
Thank you
Eckman

Post by Eckman »

Spend 2 hrs to do clay on my macan. WoW it great stuff. Normally I just use polish or wax on my previous car as I never have unsmooth surfaces like this before. Now happy day. My car smooth and shiny πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Good news - glad it worked and that you are happy with the results! :D
Eckman

Post by Eckman »

Guy wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 am ^ Good news - glad it worked and that you are happy with the results! :D
How many time you use clay bar b4 bin it?
Guy

Post by Guy »

Eckman wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:01 am
Depends how dirty it gets. You break off pieces to use in turn and discard them when the small piece of clay is visibly dirty - this can be after a couple of panels or even the whole car (if not too contaminated). Check some of the 'detailing' forums for more advice.
Eckman

Post by Eckman »

Guy wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 am
Eckman wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:01 am
Depends how dirty it gets. You break off pieces to use in turn and discard them when the small piece of clay is visibly dirty - this can be after a couple of panels or even the whole car (if not too contaminated). Check some of the 'detailing' forums for more advice.
Thank you.