Newbie - advice please

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Contagion

Post by Contagion »

Hello all,
I am looking to order a 2.0 petrol in the next few months.
Advice would be grateful.
How long just now from order to delivery approx?
Service intervals and cost?
Tyres,how many miles on a new set?
Any must have’s on extras?
Thanks.

GWL

Post by GWL »

Must Have : 3.0 litre engine.
Failing that , get a BMW X1.

Seriously though, if you want space, practicality and a 2.0 litre petrol engine, the X1 is hard to beat at the price. I moved from an M135i (3.0L, straight 6, 314 bhp) to an F48 X1 xDrive20i because I needed the space for transporting my kids & their stuff back and fore to university. However, I really missed the performance and most of all the smoothness of a 6 cylinder engine, so I bought a Macan Turbo - and I'm loving it. Should have bought one years ago.
If you can, spend the extra and get the S - otherwise save your money and get an X1.

Anyway, whichever car you get I'd suggest :
Reversing Camera, Sunroof, cargo management and if you're not the only driver then get the electric seats with memory. On the Macan I'd suggest at least the 14 way electric seats as you will also get electric steering wheel adjustment and door mirror adjustment which can be "memorised" for different drivers. (It also can be set to slide the driver's seat back and raise the steering wheel to make it a bit easier when you are exiting the car).
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Hi Contagion, welcome to the forum and hope you find the info you want here. It is indeed a very helpful place for lots of things Porsche and otherwise!

There are certainly some very happy 2.0l Macan owners here that can comment better than I on the current specs and costs. Certainly, don't be swayed away if you want a Mancan. I never looked at one X vehicle before buying mine, sure there are other choice available. As others will testify get to your dealer and try a few, if you have not already most dealers are very willing to loan you one for a day or more.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I have a 2 litre from new Just completed 7000 miles in it .I came from a merecedes 350 E class.I don’t miss the 6 cylinder engine .I find the 2 litre fine .Most of the miles have been completed on the M6 From Shropshire to Lytham.It is an excellent car,very comfortable and quiet.I was told not to over spec the 2 litre.I have sunroof,14 way seats19 inch wheels,heated seats,reversing camera,power steering plus smokers pack ,coloured wheel caps and a few other bits I think the extras came to about£5000.I get 39 miles to the gallon on the M6 journey less around town I would say it is a good car to buy.
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I specced my GTS with air suspension(amazing), power steering plus (why is that an extra?), torque vectoring (ticked box, probably a waste for me) pan roof (like this a lot), dark windows, park assist ( can’t see sod all without it) , lane assist (silly) LED lights (great), adaptive cruise control (use it all the time on average speed motorways), BOSE, sport chrono (never used it - silly but looks good), 18way seats (bad Back - Great!) and a few other unnecessary things like speed limit display (does come in handy though), also - front heated and leather seats my wife loves (essential deal maker).
Do get a spare tyre. The so called smoking option is cheeky, without it you have a silly hole which I didn’t want but it’s a scam that they don’t include it free.

When buying new you are burning money so why not add what you fancy because it costs more later?
Contagion

Post by Contagion »

Thank you all.
A lot to consider.
Heated seats is a must as is a spare. also like my heated steering wheel.
I will be going into local dealer next weekend(Glasgow) and see what they say.
ianst

Post by ianst »

Don't believe them when they say they don't offer discounts. You may have to phone around or travel, but they are available.

Drive both the 2.0 and 3.0, minimal price difference, you may just change your mind.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)