Second (first real) Porsche

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
rhys4wales

Post by rhys4wales »

Good afternoon all
Firstly, many thanks for the great information that I've picked up as a lurker. As a driving enthusiast who knows little about what goes on under the bonnet, I've learned a lot
For the last year, I was driving a 54 plate base Cayenne. At the time of purchase, I was itching to buy a Porsche for weekends, and couldn't justify 25k on a 10 year old 911. As I had a company car (and 2 dogs), this seemed like a decent compromise. I soon regretted it, especially when my company car was replaced with an allowance, and this became my everyday car. It never felt "special" and once the novelty of the badge wore off, I knew I needed to make a change.
Then, around 4 months ago, my wife needed to change her BMW Msport. We visited all of the German showrooms, and ended up in Sidcup Porsche. Her decision was an easy one, and she was soon driving away in an almost new Macan. That was when I found this forum. On rare occasions, she let me drive it, and the Cayenne was on borrowed time.
After some research here, I dodged a bullet with a 3l Diesel (10 mile work commute on the A2, often at a standstill), and opted for the petrol S. I found the colour that I was after (Sapphire) with a great spec at Hatfield Lexus. I picked it up 2 weeks ago, and haven't stopped smiling yet. I didn't get to experience the silk sheet unveiling that my wife enjoyed a few months ago at the Porsche Main Dealer, but the drive more than makes up for this. We now have 2 Macans on the drive, but as they are different models with very different specs, we don't feel that one of us should have gone for something different.
Thanks again for the invaluable tips, and I look forward to hearing more from you all

Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Welcome to the forum! A two Macan family - is that a first for the forum? Please feel free to share some pictures :)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
rhys4wales

Post by rhys4wales »

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7162

Not a great shot, but here you go

cars.jpg

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

2 Macans ..........how greedy. :lol: :lol:

Great colours too :D :D :D
rhys4wales

Post by rhys4wales »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 pm 2 Macans ..........how greedy. :lol: :lol:

Great colours too :D :D :D
It did get a few of the neighbours' tongues wagging :D