My Macan has been ordered

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

Finally talked myself in to buying a Macan S. :D

After a couple of weeks of reading content on here I thought I would say hi. I’m located in Sydney, Australia and this is my build 🙂
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBYR5Z8

Unfortunately I think I’m looking at a December delivery but hopefully sooner, don’t know for sure yet.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Enjoy. At least you don't have the distraction of a diesel nowadays.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking spec. 👍👍👍

Were diesel cars popular in Australia? When I was there years ago big V8 petrol engines were most popular.
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

I am no expert but my perception is people went diesel where manufactures pushed diesel options rather than a conscious decision to go diesel. When I purchased my Freelander2 I opted for Petrol for performance but the manufacture tried to sway me to diesel - I'm so glad i went petrol in the end!

Glad you like my build. A few options I also explored but opted out of were:
- Entry and Drive - have never had it and i'm currently borrowing a car that has it and I get the key out anyway out of habit to unlock it.

- ACC - I drove a Range Rover Sport with it for 3 days and it was nice, but it certainly made me a more passive driver where I would just drop 5 or 10km below the speed limit because of the car in front and not even be aware. Plus when cars cut you off I dont like the abrupt auto slow down, I would rather keep speed and over take them etc. So in the brief time I used it it didn't suit my driving.

- PDLS - saved the money because modern day standard lights are generally pretty good but am still sort of considering this.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nice spec, like the external choices and agree with your exclusions, personally found the bolsters on the 18 way seats although great look and seated comfort they were uncomfortable when entering and exiting the vehicle.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

Thanks Mike. That was my concern so I hope not when it arrives and I’m using it regularly. Maybe I’ll go sit in a couple more before build close off.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Now having had the 18 way seats for a month I would think twice about having them again. Definitely go for LED headlights though.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

LED headlights are standard now in 2019. Do you means PDSL+

The other option I forgot was PSE. Part of me wants it but because you can’t leave it switched on I feel like I would more often than not just drive without it activated anyway.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Marksy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:10 pm LED headlights are standard now in 2019. Do you means PDSL+
Yes, its fantastic
Paul

Post by Paul »

Marksy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:10 pm
The other option I forgot was PSE. Part of me wants it but because you can’t leave it switched on I feel like I would more often than not just drive without it activated anyway.
To reassure you, mine is always on (except possibly on really long m-way runs)

Default action after starting the car is to reach down an turn stop / start off and exhaust on😁
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465