First Porsche order!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Crayonmac

Post by Crayonmac »

My first Porsche on order!

Fitting after market 22” black alloy wheels to this spec.

Porsche code Pllhivw4

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Do 22" wheels fit OK?
Crayonmac

Post by Crayonmac »

Yes according to some online alloy wheel and tyre company’s. Lkperformance being one.

I find the Porsche wheels very expensive and not to my taste against a crayon macan.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

No, no, no - 22" wheels will almost definitely ruin your finely tuned ride and handling!! If you absolutely must though, I cannot recommend enough adding air suspension to your spec.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Crayonmac

Post by Crayonmac »

My order has already been placed, I’m aware of the benefits to having air suspension, but it didn’t fit into my budget unfortunately. However I did drive a demo which had 21” alloys with no pasm, nor air and the drive was fine for me. I do prefer a more sporty drive.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I like sporty too, but not a hard, bumpy ride! :o Probably a sign of my age, but I didn't like the ride on the 21s. Especially with the state of the roads nowadays. Now I've experienced the sublime handling of a GTS with 20" wheels, there's no way I'd go larger. Given the difference between 20 and 21, I suspect it will be the same again (or more noticeable) jumping to 22s.

I do agree the Crayon colour looks good with black wheels, and Porsche doesn't offer too much in that regard. That said, they'll paint any of their wheels for you. But that makes their existing pricy wheels even more expensive!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
mkcycle21

Post by mkcycle21 »

Just placed order for White Macan Turbo, here goes first ever Porsche.
Glad to join the family and DRIVE .....
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Crayonmac wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:37 pm Yes according to some online alloy wheel and tyre company’s. Lkperformance being one.

I find the Porsche wheels very expensive and not to my taste against a crayon macan.
The crunch question you should be asking is if you can get N rated tyres that fit your 22" rims. Fitting non N rated tyres risks invalidating the warranty on the car.

A second point to consider is the tyre width. Both 21" and 20" wheels from Porsche for the Macan have a tread width or 265mm on the front and 295mm on the rear. Anything wider will risk fouling the bodywork.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Crayonmac

Post by Crayonmac »

Yes I had found N rated tyres. Although I’m more swaying towards a 21” rim now if I’m honest. Keep it in line with the Porsche recommendations.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

22” N-rated tyres might now be more readily available as the Cayenne can now be had with 22” rear wheels?

Non N-rated tyres are more likely to reduce trade in offer from OPC, as opposed to necessarily invalidating the warranty, I would have thought...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018