Hello! Potential Macan Turbo Purchase

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
didsby

Post by didsby »

Hi all,

I have finally 'wised up' and rather than running 2 c. £40-50k motors and hardly using the second one (Cayman S and BMW M2 being recent examples) I'm going to consolidate and get 1 really nice car which will replace the X3 M40i I am running.

I thought about a few bigger options Range Rovers etc. but they aren't really me and I prefer a more compact SUV.

With the Turbo being announced the allure of the F Pace SVR has promptly been forgotten and I reckon the Turbo is the ideal car for me.

One thing I do object to with Porsche which has put me off other Macan models is the absolute joke that is Porsche options / cost. With this in mind I only wish to spec for myself and want to be fairly sparing on options.

I wondered what the thoughts were on the below build? My main concerns would be:
Should I spec Chrono?
Also I still really dont understand the whole interior thing, is this basic Turbo interior still quite plush or do I need to upgrade for leather dash etc?

Any other comments?

PL4234B4

cheers

wilko

Post by wilko »

Personally I’d ditch lca and roof rails and change the wheels for 21” and add full leather and adaptive lights, but other than that a sensible build.

I’ve seen the 20” turbo wheels on a couple of new s and I think there a bit gash, but most turbo buyers come resale time will want 21s.

The standard interior is way better than bmw, but the full leather makes it feel extra special for not a huge amount extra
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
didsby

Post by didsby »

I've always wanted lane change assist! Dont have great mobility in my neck and whilst I would always check my blind spots etc I really want it.

Re. roof rails, if you dont spec them on the improbable but not impossible need to attach a rack to the roof can this still be done?

My concern re. 21s wheels is do I then need air suspension? If yes, I feel this is too much money for aesthetics and one other cheaper option I could go with would be keeping the 20s but going with the anthracite version.

Point taken on the full leather.

cheers
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have the full leather, 21”wheels and air. The leather is very luxurious and does take the cabin up a notch, even the seat backs are leather. I would not have 21” wheels without air personally, but then again, now I have air it would be hard to be without. Don’t forget in sport plus mode with air suspension the whole car squats down which looks great and improves handling (not ride)
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
adam b

Post by adam b »

I didn't buy new, but I am grateful for the first owner spending 17k on options

LCA with the blind spot warning lights works very well.

The £1100 leather interior is a "Porsche special". I had to do some research to figure what bits that you'd expect to be leather in a £63k car were laughably cost extras - underside of dash, airbag on wheel, side of centre console. sides of seats, sides of headrests and a few other bits. The bit you really notice is the tops of the door cards, so I would spec it.

21" are a must, either turbos or sport classics, air suspension works well

Pano roof and heated seats are a must IMO
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

You've done a good job at keeping the price down, it's a nice build with sensible extras. You will get 1001 opinions on here with regards to options, many insist you must have this or you must have that...... :roll: If you're happy with the 20" wheels, stick with it. I've got the 20" turbo wheels (gloss black) and no air, on my S, it rides superbly and i'm glad i never went to the 21's as I was not going to stretch to the air suspension. Sometimes bigger is not always better.

If you are looking for a nice touch, I spec'd the heated multifunction GT sports steering wheel, at £383 I thought I was mad but I love it, and i've had loads of comments of how nice it is.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

didsby wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:25 am I've always wanted lane change assist! Dont have great mobility in my neck and whilst I would always check my blind spots etc I really want it.

Re. roof rails, if you dont spec them on the improbable but not impossible need to attach a rack to the roof can this still be done?

My concern re. 21s wheels is do I then need air suspension? If yes, I feel this is too much money for aesthetics and one other cheaper option I could go with would be keeping the 20s but going with the anthracite version.

Point taken on the full leather.

cheers
I thought blind spot monitoring was standard? And LCA is an upgrade to monitor if you stay in your lane or not. Point being I’m not sure you need to option LCA for blind spot monitoring.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I thought Chrono was standard on the Turbo?

Wouldn't pay extra for it.

For Essex roads we need plenty of rubber to protect the rims so opted for 20" and no regrets; I've had a few tyres and a rim from the council for the 996.

Adaptive cruise is great and personally I love the Burmester, I haven't used the seat heating but my navigator uses it all the time; often she will be on a heated seat while I have the ventilation on.

I don't use the pano roof much, it seemed a must have option but I wouldn't miss it.

Surround view is very good as long as you keep the cameras clean.

You're buying a lovely car!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

Well that was a huge oversight on my behalf! I thought I read it was standard on Australian models and unfortunately its 5:30PM on the day of my cut off date for build changes. :(
adam b

Post by adam b »

Tim92gts wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 am I thought Chrono was standard on the Turbo?

I don't use the pano roof much, it seemed a must have option but I wouldn't miss it.

Chrono - only standard on PP

Pano roof - did you have the blind closed all the time?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)