Hello! Potential Macan Turbo Purchase

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
adam b

Post by adam b »

Marksy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 pm I thought blind spot monitoring was standard? And LCA is an upgrade to monitor if you stay in your lane or not. Point being I’m not sure you need to option LCA for blind spot monitoring.
in the UK at least

Lane Departure Warning is standard - the audible warning

Lane Change Assist (blind spot) and Lane Keep Assist (steering counter- pressure) are cost options - you can spec both together for which Porsche bizarrely charges you £2 more :)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

adam b wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:30 pm
Chrono - only standard on PP

Pano roof - did you have the blind closed all the time?
Most of the time, I like it quite cosy!

I also can't stand soft tops as the sun annoys me.

I'll try opening the blind for a month to get used to it.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

adam b wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm
Marksy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 pm I thought blind spot monitoring was standard? And LCA is an upgrade to monitor if you stay in your lane or not. Point being I’m not sure you need to option LCA for blind spot monitoring.
in the UK at least

Lane Departure Warning is standard - the audible warning

Lane Change Assist (blind spot) and Lane Keep Assist (steering counter- pressure) are cost options - you can spec both together for which Porsche bizarrely charges you £2 more :)
Yes, I realised I got the lane departure warning confused with the LCA - oh well save a bit of money - I do like how they implemented the blind spot monitoring on the Macan though and that they don't have it on the mirror.
didsby

Post by didsby »

thanks all for the very useful replies. As I have monitored responses over the past few days it has (surprisingly) made me all the confident in terms of what to spec.

I will retain 20s and standard suspension.
I'll upgrade to full leather

all other bits will be as per my initial build.

However 2 questions remain!

1-if I dont spec roof rails can i still attach things to the roof?

2-whilst it goes against my mantra should I spec chrono more with resale in mind?

cheers
adam b

Post by adam b »

didsby wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am I will retain 20s and standard suspension.

2-whilst it goes against my mantra should I spec chrono more with resale in mind?
honestly, take the £800 chrono money and put it to 21" wheels - take a look at the pre-facelift turbos for sale now - 90% have 21" turbo or 21"sport classic wheels, Porsche are smart and generally keep the best designs for the biggest wheels which cost the most

IMHO
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

didsby wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am 1-if I dont spec roof rails can i still attach things to the roof?

cheers

Without rails the roof is quite smooth so no secure way of fixing unless you trust the suction pads.

On My Suzuki I used to tie things to the roof with a rope through the door openings if that helps!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I like sport chrono as it makes the dash look better!
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Sport Plus and Chrono is for show only - you will hardly use it unless you take it on the track.
I retrofitted Sport plus on mine and i have used it maybe less than 7 times in 1 year.
The items i will use most are:
Heated Steering wheel
Heated seats
PAS cruise control
Sunroof
Air suspension and 21" are brilliant however, if you park on kerbside alot then maybe avoid, as they scratch easily due to low profile and the car being wide - you want to try and park it as close as possible to kerb to avoid unnecessary harm on roadside.
I have 18ways seats, however i sat on 14ways seat and to be honest - not huge difference - as once you have seating position - it doesnt change.
I have full leather - and it does make the interior much luxurious when comapred to any other car.
Surround view is also hugely helpful!

These are the items i use everytime i drive my car - especially on motorway.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

But, my god sport chrono makes a big difference when driven in manual mode on a diesel car at least. So much more lively and squats down on the air suspension.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

didsby wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am thanks all for the very useful replies. As I have monitored responses over the past few days it has (surprisingly) made me all the confident in terms of what to spec.

cheers
SC on a Macan will be worth £0 second hand. Even on the 911 I have only used it a couple of times, so if you feel you'll use it defiantly add it, if your not going to use it don't bother. IMHO.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50