Newbie ordering a Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Raprome

Post by Raprome »

Hi
I am ordering my first Porsche a new Macan S within the next 2 weeks can someone tell me if the sports exhaust is rally worth the extra £1700 ?
Also should I have the Pan roof for resale value ?

Have I missed anything I should really have ?

PLKPX464

Raprome

Post by Raprome »

Sorry should have said really worth
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

It looks a good spec. But personally I wouldn’t spend £1700 on a noisy exhaust! Get Adaptive Cruise Control instead!

Admittedly pano roof is a really popular option, but I wouldn’t advise choosing any option “for resale value”. I think you just don’t ever get more than a fraction back at resale.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you search the forums for sports exhaust and sports chrono you will find that in a lot of cases these options are used once or twice and then switched off. If you're really worried about it taking 0.3 seconds longer to get to 62mph every day then sports chrono might be worth specifying. Some members will say it improves overtaking but the standard car is no slouch.

Every time you pass a "boy racer" with his big exhaust on a Vauxhall Corsa do you ask yourself how he puts up with the constant drone? If you do then sports exhaust is not for you.

Panoramic roof makes the interior much lighter even if you never open it (I can count on one hand the number of times I've opened the roof on my car but I still think it's a great option). However, only specify it if you want it because as Makanik has said you shouldn't chose an option for resale value.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

Had 2 Audi q5 prior to macan S. On all 3 I have got the pano roof and wouldn't want a car without it. Makes it so much lighter and airy, I never have the blind across either. I also do have it open with a bit rather than have AC on, as mich fresher feeling (have had a fair few convertibles before so enjoy the feeling).

I have had boxster s with sports chrono on and only used the feature once so a definite no from me.

The sports exhaust would be good to have but feel 1700 quid to make it noisier for other people and me is too much. I suspect it would only use occasionally.

U will love the macan s, had mine 4 months and still finding the handling unbelievable for an SUV
Raprome

Post by Raprome »

Thanks very much for all your comments really useful
adam b

Post by adam b »

Echo the above

I am very grateful for the first owner spending £1700 on PSE as it cost me maybe 200 two years later. I use it (via sports mode) pretty much every day.

Similar for chrono but I rarely use it’s sport plus mode. Like the clock on dash though

Wouldn’t consider buying a Macan without pano roof and the market seems to agree
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)