Saying Hi / Car Play / TDI Tuning etc

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

marmaduke wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pmHi just read post and wanted to know if you are selling your TDI box as I may me interested.
Sorry, it went to a new owner as soon as I mentioned it would be going for sale soon - it's now installed and being gloated over by it's new owner ;)

James

NSinc

Post by NSinc »

RAA wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:15 am I'm new to Porsche (now have a new, facelifted Macan S since May) and I'm totally ignorant of tuning boxes/chips etc..

Is this TDI meant for diesel only ? If so, can anyone recommend something similar for the new petrol Macan S, please (to improve mpg and performance) ?
TDI tuning do a box for the new Macan S too.... I think it pushes it to around 410bhp. I've had tuning boxes on a couple of cars and they have always been brilliant. TDI tuning are a reputable company too.
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
robbie

Post by robbie »

I've checked with TDI tuning, herewith their response re fitting to a petrol engine - With the petrol tuning systems we do not quote economy increases like we do with diesel vehicles, you would see the same MPG that you currently have but with the addition performance... so although they offer BOTH 'power' and 'torque' increases their box has no impact on improving your MPG.
Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
RAA

Post by RAA »

Thanks for your help NSinc and robbie321alan - I shall definitely investigate having a TDI tuning box in the future.