New Member introduction - Gearbox Issue

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vickyb

Post by Vickyb »

Hi,

My name is Vicky and I am a fairly new Macan owner, I took my car to a porsche dealership a month before my warranty ran out as it needed a service and also i was having a few minor (or so I thought) issues with it. The car was jerking and hesitating when pulling away and at low speed, initially I was told that nothing could be detected so I went back to them. I took a technician out in the car who was able to witness what I had been saying about the car. They did a PDK reset on it an it was still the same so I took it back for a calibration of the gearbox, still no change, by now it had passed my warranty expiration. I didnt think that would be an issue as I had highlighted the problem before the warranty had run out. They said that they would do another calibration which would cost me roughly £200. They decided to do more checks on the car and after having it for two weeks told me that it needed a new gearbox and that because they were a franchise would be trying to get Porsche to pay for the work. Porsche customer service told me that they would pay a goodwill amount for the work which would leave me to pay £2000. I am in a quandry as I feel that as the problem was detected before the warranty had run out they should be covering the cost. I have been without my car for over a month and am actually worried that it will come back with the same issues as I know that there are a lot of problems with the transfer box, can I have some advice from you guys please as am so stressed with it and so disappointed with the treatment from Porsche.

Thanks in advance
vicky

Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Vicky,

If you reported the issue in the manufacturer warranty period (and have a warranty invoice detailing the diagnostic work done) then they should carry out the repair, assuming the time lapse isn’t significant.

Is it a new gear-box, or transfer box that they are recommending?

The other alternative is to go back to the supplying dealership (the garage you bought it from and with who any guarantees lie) and get them to resolve it.

It would be helpful to know when you bought it...(I see from your other post it is a 2016 on 40000 miles)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

That is a frustrating situation Vicky.

I have found that if they (Porsche dealer) have recorded the fault while under (Porsche) warranty that is a good thing to have done (as Paul suggested), they ‘usually’ just say they will stand by the OEM warranty after that date. If it has a full Porsche service history and is a known problem area (like the transfer box) then there is little excuse not to, other than to make an extra profit. Is it £200 or £2000 they are finally asking for? If the former it is probably just the diagnostics cost on a car not supplied by them they are after?

However, if it is still under your (other?) suppliers warranty then they probably have the most unequivocal responsibility in law for all the costs (I’m not a lawyer!) so knock on their door!

Hope you get it sorted without too much grief I assume you bought it with the hope of having a very nice car and good customer service – which you should have. Good luck let us know how it turns out
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Hi Vicky,

I wonder if the issue is resolved after the gear box change. Was there any fault code that was found?

Thanks,
Ben
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD