ORDER ISSUE ADVICE PLEASE

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VIVINO

Post by VIVINO »

Hello everyone,

Any advice will be very much appreciated...

About 3 weeks ago I went into a dealership to speak to someone and size up a model to see what kind of package I could get. Up until this point, I was driving a Macan 2L not many specs as it's my first car... I was interested in possibly going for the new Cayenne Coupé or going for a Macan S.

We spec the car, [PLU29RE5] paid £3000 deposit. I made it very clear that I wanted to test drive the Cayenne Coupé before i secured anything. As is customary before lockdown, I should have been consulted before the car was to be sent but before I even had a chance to come back to them after my test drive, they had already sent the car to be made, due to be delivered at the end of November! Now, of course, I have not fully decided on whether or not this is the model that I really want, so I made it clear that I was not happy with them ordering the car without my go-ahead. I can, of course, refuse the car, they offered me a 1k discount if I decide to go for it but I told them I would not accept anything less than 10%. They said this was not possible the next day my salesperson came back to me with 3,7k off which works out to just over a 5.5% discount. The car cost over 67K, not the options I really want, the salesman told me if i don't want it, not to worry they will sell the car anyway which i doubt, crayon color, not many specs...

Now my questions do anyone had a similar experience issue? Should I settle for the 3,7k or push for a bigger discount?
I'm thinking for 67K I can get a nice Macan well specced. What would you do in my situation?

Sorry English not my first language.

Thank you for your time

Vivino

Paul

Post by Paul »

Firstly welcome!

I’m afraid, personally, I would not be too sympathetic to someone who placed an order and paid a deposit. If you weren’t sure, did you write this into your contract or not?

That they have offered you 5.5% discount is a significant gesture!
If you don’t want the car don’t take it.

Let us know how you get on.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VIVINO

Post by VIVINO »

Hi Paul,

I didn't write any contract or signed an order form. The deposit paid was either for a new Macan or Cayenne Coupé. I wanted a test drive before deciding plus salesperson told me I have 2 weeks before lockdown. i specifically told him i weren't sure about the spec. One day before the test drive which was 3 weeks after I put the deposit down he said the car will arrive by the end of November. ...
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I thought putting the deposit down was the point of commitment, if they're not forcing you to take the car why not wait until you know what you want.

They were probably keen to get the car to stock if they were allocated a build slot, if they miss the slot that's their £20k profit gone!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
VIVINO

Post by VIVINO »

I see, but I thought the deposit was fully refundable. I thought he could have let me know if the lockdown date was closer...
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Have you ever bought a house? At what point, in the process, is a deposit refundable?!
pmg

Post by pmg »

GMAN75 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:41 pm Have you ever bought a house? At what point, in the process, is a deposit refundable?!
If the standard Porsche OPC deposit form was used, the form I signed when I paid the initial £3000, made clear the deposit paid was refundable until a later stage in the process i.e lockdown. I paid a further deposit at lockdown stage after which neither was refundable without dispute.

In the case we are discussing, I would argue Vinino has to decide whether he accepts the Cayennes build slot and spec or turns down that slot, uses the time to another later build slot to take test drives/ refine spec with the existing £3000 deposit reserving a place in the queue for future slots.

in the current car market, all dealers must be desperate for business and discounts may become more common and any discount offered has to be judged against getting the car he wants. He first has to decide whether the larger Cayenne or the smaller more agile Macan is his real wish
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

My dealer asked for a further deposit on both my new cars this year at the point of lockdown

Annoyed me at the time but I guess now makes sense
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm My dealer asked for a further deposit on both my new cars this year at the point of lockdown

^^

I think it’s your “lots of options” on both, which would prompt the dealership to ask for the full 10% on lockdown 😉😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Paul wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm My dealer asked for a further deposit on both my new cars this year at the point of lockdown

^^

I think it’s your “lots of options” on both, which would prompt the dealership to ask for the full 10% on lockdown 😉😉
Ha ha none of which were pink outside with green leather inside though !😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S