First Timer and a choice to make

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
adam b

Post by adam b »

VanB wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm GTS variants are now going for sensible money and unlikely to depreciate anywhere as near as much as a new car over 2 years of ownership. Personally I would look for a good spec used GTS (the new fangled interface on the new model isn't worth the extra depreciation IMO). It's a great driver's car but also very refined as needed.

Good luck whatever you decide; they are awesome cars.
This 100%, for me turbo and GTS are much more special, and I don't want to take the initial big depreciation hit.

Ended up with a turbo with loads of extras (21" turbos, air, PTV, pano, leather interior pack, ACC, sport chrono etc) at a 33% discount on new price. I would not have enjoyed the £27k hit the first owner took. Car was 2 years old with 11k on the clock, good as new apart from 2 small alloy scuffs.

Cost me £1600 for a 111 check and 2 year warranty
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

jone66

Post by jone66 »

adam b wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 am
VanB wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm GTS variants are now going for sensible money and unlikely to depreciate anywhere as near as much as a new car over 2 years of ownership. Personally I would look for a good spec used GTS (the new fangled interface on the new model isn't worth the extra depreciation IMO). It's a great driver's car but also very refined as needed.

Good luck whatever you decide; they are awesome cars.
This 100%, for me turbo and GTS are much more special, and I don't want to take the initial big depreciation hit.

Ended up with a turbo with loads of extras (21" turbos, air, PTV, pano, leather interior pack, ACC, sport chrono etc) at a 33% discount on new price. I would not have enjoyed the £27k hit the first owner took. Car was 2 years old with 11k on the clock, good as new apart from 2 small alloy scuffs.

Cost me £1600 for a 111 check and 2 year warranty
And no doubt a big cheesy grin on your face....lol
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

The appeal of a new car is you get to pick everything the car has that you want and there’s no compromise to be made. However, if you can have a list of what’s important to you and prioritise the options that are a must have then you will be able to find a used GTS / Turbo that has the toys you want. I went for a 2 year old GTS which came from the dealer network, so although I paid a bit more than a private sale, I got 2 year warranty extension to the 9 months that were remaining and the car had a check before coming to me. I’ve also got a car with £18k worth of options that my wife would never have let me spend and the sound from the Sports Exhaust is worth every penny!! 😬😬
Even if you decide to buy privately, taking the car to a pro valeter will have you thinking you’ve bought a new one once they’ve fettled it all up.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...