Looking to buy

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paul

Post by Paul »

J1220 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 pm As it stands with current vehicles on the market the price gap between the GTS and Turbo as reduced significantly.
😊😊 good news for GTS % residuals.....👍😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

J1220 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 pm As it stands with current vehicles on the market the price gap between the GTS and Turbo as reduced significantly.
That is because you need to compare the GTS and Turbo PP to be considering similar cars that will be specced similar and handle similar.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

J1220 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:13 pm
Paul wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:11 pm Can’t comment on the bodywork, but the jump on full lock pulling away is probably anti-ackerman (google it or search on here; well documented) and nothing to be concerned about.
anti-ackerman it is. Good to know. Thanks.

On the Audi R8 it was more pronounced that in the Porsche almost felt like it was on tractor tyres.
The judder is also affected by tyre brand, size and temperature. My Panamera 20" summer tyres were awful in the winter, all resolved when I fitted 19" winetr tyres
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

It would be very worrying to find poor dent repairs, Wouldn't bode well for what else might have been done shoddily. I've had dents repaired on lots of cars over the years and the repairs were all but invisible even to me who knew where they were. I have watched the guys doing the repairs and there is a lot of skill involved, so lots of opportunity for a lesser skilled guy or girl to make a hash of it.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
J1220

Post by J1220 »

Hi All, after a few months of searching for the right spec car and not been successful. I have found an alternative. Although disappointed it's not a Macan as had my heart set on one, I've taken delivery of an almost new M4. It's got all the right spec and happy with the car.

Had a 3hrs drive back home yesterday through varying roads and weather conditions and its a good balanced car. Not been able to really try it out as its due the Run In service in next 150 miles.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forum who helped in my search and I have learnt a lot. When the right times comes God willing I'm sure I'll also be able to tick the Macan box but for now big smiles with the M4.

Happy new year.

PS the post would be incomplete without a pic.

UPRS1714.JPG

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Enjoy the M4. Hopefully you got a mega deal on it as they seem to be almost giving them away right now. Good for buying but also destroys residuals but that seems the current BMW business model.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Congrats. Enjoy the M4 :)
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Dombo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:36 am Hi. I am also a newbie here. I have a convertible 911 and am about to pull the trigger on an Approved Macan S.
As regards practicality, the 911 with roof down will sit 4 adults around the 5'8 - 5'11 mark. Four six footers would struggle. In winter just turn the heater to max and wear a woolly hat. Luggage space is limited though.
Now to the Macan. The S has the same boot space as my Volvo V50 it's replacing. Roof rails will take a rack and four bikes easily, and mine also has a tow bar so I can fit a rear carrier if needed. It is about 5 inches taller than the Volvo so getting the bikes up shouldn't be too tricky - on a Discovery I have to stand on the rear wheel to do this or use a stool.
As for performance, 0-60 time is on a par with my 911 at 5-6 seconds but the Macan has pdk which is superb, not even caught out by sharp uphill bends, and in Sport mode is a lot of fun. Compared to its rivals what finally sold me on the Macan was the interior. To my mind it just looked much better than the equivalent X3, Q5 or Mercedes. I also am a big fan of physical buttons. I find these much easier to learn to use than wheels, trackpads or touchscreens.
My new purchase is used - I did not consider Turbo or GTS as the S has enough performance and versatility for what will be our main car.
And another newbie , I swapped out of my 997 c4s of 4 years , now in Macan S with air suspension, Pam’s and a whole host of other goodies that are much fun . I am actually preferring just about everything in the Macan over 911 , maybe it’s an age thing ... plenty of power in diesel S all very usable too .
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
J1220

Post by J1220 »

Very happy with the deal almost a no brainier. Its a lot of car for the money!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

J1220 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:44 pm Hi All, after a few months of searching for the right spec car and not been successful. I have found an alternative. Although disappointed it's not a Macan as had my heart set on one, I've taken delivery of an almost new M4. It's got all the right spec and happy with the car.

Had a 3hrs drive back home yesterday through varying roads and weather conditions and its a good balanced car. Not been able to really try it out as its due the Run In service in next 150 miles.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forum who helped in my search and I have learnt a lot. When the right times comes God willing I'm sure I'll also be able to tick the Macan box but for now big smiles with the M4.

Happy new year.

PS the post would be incomplete without a pic.

UPRS1714.JPG
Looks like a nice car but I don’t get it. You were looking for a high performance four door SUV and you pick a 2 door coupe that’s like going into a store to buy a suit and leaving with a pair of shorts. 😂😂😂 hey who cares enjoy the experience.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6