Looking to buy

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Hi J,

I bought a Porsche approved GTS about 6 months ago after months of searching. I basically kept watching the classifieds for a while to see what kinda options were common and what was rare. It also helped me get a feel for pricing and when dealers were at it with overpriced cars. I personally didn’t really consider the Turbo as I was set on a GTS but either way it’s worth getting a drive. I went to Porsche Glasgow and drove a car they had. Also got some useful data from the sales rep. I then got down a list of what options I deffo wanted and then a list of what would be nice to have. It took a few months to get the right car at the right price ( and I had to go down to Solihull from Ayrshire ) but it was worth all the hassle and I still love getting in the car.
I have air suspension which I like, but I do drive a lot of country back roads which aren’t the best so it helps smooth them out. I also have the 21” turbo wheels which are big ( I’d have preferred the standard 20” Spyders ) but the air helps that issue too. Sport Chrono is something else I have and went looking for but as others have said, I very rarely use it and it’s more about seeing that clock in the centre of the dash.
I love the convenience of the Entry & Drive but I’d have sacrificed it for a heated steering wheel.
Good luck with the search and I hope you find what floats ur boat.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...

J1220

Post by J1220 »

MikeM wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:54 am
J1220 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:44 pm Hi All, after a few months of searching for the right spec car and not been successful. I have found an alternative. Although disappointed it's not a Macan as had my heart set on one, I've taken delivery of an almost new M4. It's got all the right spec and happy with the car.

Had a 3hrs drive back home yesterday through varying roads and weather conditions and its a good balanced car. Not been able to really try it out as its due the Run In service in next 150 miles.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forum who helped in my search and I have learnt a lot. When the right times comes God willing I'm sure I'll also be able to tick the Macan box but for now big smiles with the M4.

Happy new year.

PS the post would be incomplete without a pic.

UPRS1714.JPG
Looks like a nice car but I don’t get it. You were looking for a high performance four door SUV and you pick a 2 door coupe that’s like going into a store to buy a suit and leaving with a pair of shorts. 😂😂😂 hey who cares enjoy the experience.
It is exactly just that "hey who cares enjoy the experience"