Looking to buy

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
J1220

Post by J1220 »

I suppose its nice to have all the buttons in the centre console to be occupied but not very often drivers use all the functions.

What I'm finding is that lesser spec'd cars are not that much cheaper (advertised price) compared to those with high spec.

It is fun searching and more so when I actually get the car.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

J1220 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:50 pm
MCDK wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:27 pm Air suspension is a personal taste. Don’t agree it’s essential with 21” wheels as the Ride is very good. Some also feel air can be a bit floaty. Springs for me which are adjustable on the GTS anyway.
Are the springs adjustable on GTS? is it height or firmness?
The damper rate is adjusted automatically by Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) on both models. Firmness is adjusted by manually selected settings. Height is only adjustable on air suspension.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
J1220

Post by J1220 »

[/quote]
The damper rate is adjusted automatically by Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) on both models. Firmness is adjusted by manually selected settings. Height is only adjustable on air suspension.
[/quote]

Got it.

Thanks
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

But don't forget the GTS runs a bit lower as standard. I would say it of course but I think the GTS without air but with 21s sits really well and has a lovely stance.
J1220

Post by J1220 »

MCDK wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:18 pm But don't forget the GTS runs a bit lower as standard. I would say it of course but I think the GTS without air but with 21s sits really well and has a lovely stance.
Agreed. I’m actually sold on a GTS 😬.

Going to have a look at this car on the weekend. It’s fairly low spec compared to others but owners seems a genuine guy. I deffo wanting, pan roof, adaptive cruise and 360 camera. Would have been nice if it had Bose.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911084160931?atmobcid=soc4
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Looks a nice car. Wouldn't worry too much about Bose as the standard sound system is pretty good. Would be nice to have sports chrono and LED lights though.
J1220

Post by J1220 »

MCDK wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:25 pm Looks a nice car. Wouldn't worry too much about Bose as the standard sound system is pretty good. Would be nice to have sports chrono and LED lights though.
LED and Sports Chrono would be very nice indeed.

I prefer to buy from a private seller especially 1 owner car as i can get good idea what the owner is like. Lots of dealers source their cars through car auctions and other channels and doesn’t always guarded quality of cars.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

J1220 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 pm
MCDK wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:18 pm But don't forget the GTS runs a bit lower as standard. I would say it of course but I think the GTS without air but with 21s sits really well and has a lovely stance.
Agreed. I’m actually sold on a GTS 😬.

Going to have a look at this car on the weekend. It’s fairly low spec compared to others but owners seems a genuine guy. I deffo wanting, pan roof, adaptive cruise and 360 camera. Would have been nice if it had Bose.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911084160931?atmobcid=soc4
That looks like a nice one owner car. Good luck.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
J1220

Post by J1220 »

Ive had this car saved in Auto Trader for several weeks. Just been reduced from £52k to £50k so went to view it. Perfect spec!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910183471043?make=PORSCHE&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=MACAN&seller-type=private&radius=1500&postcode=ig39pq&maximum-mileage=30000&sort=price-asc&aggregatedTrim=Turbo&fuel-type=Petrol&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Few observations for your feedback.

Only when setting off from standstill with a full lock to right/left turn it had a small jerk not sure if that is normal, seems like from the 4WD system (I have experienced this with an a 2009 Audi R8 I owned).

I asked the owner if it had any body work repairs or the wheels refurbed and he said only a car park knock to the passenger door which was repaired by a company called Shine (covered by a Porsche Dent protection plan taken out when the car was new). Going over the car there has been several of these small (7" * 7") smart repairs done (rear quarter, front wing and the door) and not to a very high standard. As the plan is still active he suggested he could get this company out again to rectify this work but didn't have much to say about why these these repairs weren't mentioned when asked.

Rest of body work is ok but not mint condition as it has minor surface level scratches almost everywhere (expected in London and with a good paint correction detail would get rid of these).

The seller is of the opinion the price reduced is to reflect the condition. My concern is when coming to sell the vehicle and from past experience especially selling to OPC they are very thorough when going over bodywork to the point of using paint dept gauges. Would this situation put you off the car and walk away or compromise as the spec is good?

Thanks
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

J1220 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:17 pm Ive had this car saved in Auto Trader for several weeks. Just been reduced from £52k to £50k so went to view it. Perfect spec!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910183471043?make=PORSCHE&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=MACAN&seller-type=private&radius=1500&postcode=ig39pq&maximum-mileage=30000&sort=price-asc&aggregatedTrim=Turbo&fuel-type=Petrol&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Few observations for your feedback.

Only when setting off from standstill with a full lock to right/left turn it had a small jerk not sure if that is normal, seems like from the 4WD system (I have experienced this with an a 2009 Audi R8 I owned).

I asked the owner if it had any body work repairs or the wheels refurbed and he said only a car park knock to the passenger door which was repaired by a company called Shine (covered by a Porsche Dent protection plan taken out when the car was new). Going over the car there has been several of these small (7" * 7") smart repairs done (rear quarter, front wing and the door) and not to a very high standard. As the plan is still active he suggested he could get this company out again to rectify this work but didn't have much to say about why these these repairs weren't mentioned when asked.

Rest of body work is ok but not mint condition as it has minor surface level scratches almost everywhere (expected in London and with a good paint correction detail would get rid of these).

The seller is of the opinion the price reduced is to reflect the condition. My concern is when coming to sell the vehicle and from past experience especially selling to OPC they are very thorough when going over bodywork to the point of using paint dept gauges. Would this situation put you off the car and walk away or compromise as the spec is good?

Thanks
If you are not 100% happy then walk away. You will always have that niggly feeling if you are not happy and £50k is a lot of money.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather