New to Porsche

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
terrycufc

Post by terrycufc »

Hi All,

I'm new to Porsche having purchaed a March 2018 Macan 2.0 in February this year.
My previous car was an Audi Q3 1.4TFSI, and I was impressed by the new Q3 (2l) version and almost bought one, having considered a Jaguar Epace, Volvo XC40, BMW X3 and a few others.
Then a friend suggested a Macan.
At first I didn't know what i wanted, just that the 2.0 would be more than powerful enough for me. Then after looking at the used examples I decided panoramic roof, blacked windows and Xenon headlights was the minimum requirement, which narroed the choice, and my budget was around £40k.
Unfortunately nothing much came up except lots of 2016/7 diesel models, so the budget was raised which covered late 2017/early2018 versions.
Most were black or grey, I was hoping for a silver (which seem very rare!) so opted for White, and became a Porsche owner!
I am amazed how quickly a big car can go round corners!

Annoyingly the first major expense was a new rear tyre when I got a nail in the sidewall on the last day of my holiday in the Lake District. I couldn't get a Michellin until after the weekend, so had to have a Pirelli.
When i got home i got 2 new Michellins. Still trying to sell the Pirelli which has only done 400 miles, so if anyone wants a nearly new tyre......

Cheers,

Terry!

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Terry!

Feel free to share pics of your new pride and joy! ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
terrycufc

Post by terrycufc »

Thanks Simon.
Having spent quite a lot of time with a friend who does detailing when i got it, it looked great, but the weather recently has meant it doesn't look quite so good at the moment.
Oh, and white shows everything!

Cheers,

Terry