Prospective Macan owner questions

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pincherrn

Post by Pincherrn »

Hi all,

I currently have a 996 Carrera 2 tip and due to lack of use this is up for sale. I want to stay with the Porsche brand so when my A4 lease goes back I want to replace the A4 and 996 with a Macan. I was originally looking at a petrol Macan S but these are quite rare in my price range (£32-£33k) so considering the Macan SD now too. Looking for spec and condition more than a particular car.

Started looking at OPC cars first but found that they tend to have an number of owners, 3-4 being average, but reasonable mileage. Is this a negative or does the fact that they are being sold by an OPC with Porsche warranty give peace of mind.
I have seen a few nice cars with the options and colours I want at independent garages with FPSH and one owner but cheaper (or better spec) than the OPC cars. My other thought is that while the independent dealers will probably take my 996 in part ex (as it isn't selling at the moment) the OPC would be less likely to (but haven't asked yet).
So could anyone give me any tips or advice on my situation.

I just can't get the Macan off my mind although I don't really need one. Just keep coming back to it. :)

TIA

Colin
2002 Porsche 996 Carrera 2 Tip. Lapis blue / Graphite grey leather - For sale
2018 Audi A4 1.4 Tfsi SE. Brilliant black
2019 Mazda Mx5 1.5 SE+ . White
1995 Eunos Roadster 1.8 S Special. White