Collected at weekend

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

Picked up my Porsche Approved Macan S at the weekend. Great service from Porsche Newcastle and a nice long drive down south via Hartside Pass and M6. This ia my first ever automatic, and I have to say, the PDK in Sport mode made a much better job dealing with the twisty A686 than I ever could in manual, and at 70 on the motorway the engine noise was barely noticeable.
All told, very impressed so far.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair

Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Dombo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:51 am Picked up my Porsche Approved Macan S at the weekend. Great service from Porsche Newcastle and a nice long drive down south via Hartside Pass and M6. This ia my first ever automatic, and I have to say, the PDK in Sport mode made a much better job dealing with the twisty A686 than I ever could in manual, and at 70 on the motorway the engine noise was barely noticeable.
All told, very impressed so far.
Congratulations; nice early Christmas prezzie to yourself :D

Pics & spec please :)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Many congrats on your Macan S, Dombo!

+1 on the pictures & spec! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

Spec is Black with agate leather - a sort of browny-grey, which is nicer than it sounds. Wheels are the standard 18 inch and it also has sport chrono so Sport Plus button as well as Sport. Then there's the useful things like roof rails to fit a bike rack and a cool electric towbar if I ever need to tow anything. Mileage is very low for a 4 year old car so it feels new, but then so does my 16 year old 911 so it must be a Porsche thing.

I was surprised at the fuel consumption too, a quite respectable 31mpg.

The only photos I have are ones from the ad or several dozen wide-angle screenshots sent from our Ring doorbell with our cat in the foreground.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Congratulations on the pick-up Dombo! Look forward to seeing some pics.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

Here we go. These are from the dealer. One of the things that sold me on the Macan vs all its rivals was the interior. It might be an age thing, but I much prefer physical buttons to faffing about with a screen menu.

car interior.jpg

car rear.jpg

car front.jpg

Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Very nice, I do like the older style rear lights over the new light-bar.

Enjoy your new chariot! :)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Congratulations on getting your Macan. Like you, my Macan is the first auto I've owned. I'm old school and love a good manual gearchange but the pdk works so well and compliments the car.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

Two weeks in and enjoying the car. Incredibly smooth ride and very fast when I want to play. I’ve yet to drive it around in manual mode as the pdk changes gear so well. Only minor thing is the auto headlights which seem to be always on, even in bright sunlight. Is there a way to change their sensitivity?
Also, can the satnav map ever be updated? Not an issue yet but it may be after a few years.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Dombo wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm Two weeks in and enjoying the car. Incredibly smooth ride and very fast when I want to play. I’ve yet to drive it around in manual mode as the pdk changes gear so well. Only minor thing is the auto headlights which seem to be always on, even in bright sunlight. Is there a way to change their sensitivity?
Also, can the satnav map ever be updated? Not an issue yet but it may be after a few years.
Auto headlights in a word “no” just switch them off 🤕👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6