Hi to All

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VanB

Post by VanB »

Great car Guy and bet it’s awesome in normal use. Are they as good as everyone says?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi SAC1 Re your comment - What is your OPC saying about price and any post Brexit impact on pricing come March / April? with the probable / possible import duty change.
There will be no impact on pricing next year as although we leave the EU on 31st Jan we move into a Transitional period until 31st Dec when we continue to follow all current EU rules (but with no say in them as we have left!) so any import duties will not kick in until 1st Jan 2021 and then only if we do not secure a free trade deal by this date. That's my understanding anyway ;)
Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Guy

Post by Guy »

VanB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:54 am Are they as good as everyone says?
In short - yes! We got it in April having waited for the new 1.3 TCE (130bhp) engine to be introduced, which also brought the added benefit of CarPlay. The previous 1.6 petrol version was dog slow, so we're glad we waited for this one which is actually quite nippy! It's a great utilitarian vehicle - my wife uses it to commute to work in Milton Keynes, and I borrow it occasionally for dump runs!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

robbie321alan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm Hi SAC1 Re your comment - What is your OPC saying about price and any post Brexit impact on pricing come March / April? with the probable / possible import duty change.
There will be no impact on pricing next year as although we leave the EU on 31st Jan we move into a Transitional period until 31st Dec when we continue to follow all current EU rules (but with no say in them as we have left!) so any import duties will not kick in until 1st Jan 2021 and then only if we do not secure a free trade deal by this date. That's my understanding anyway ;)
Robbie
Thanks Robbie, that's pretty much my OPC' SE's take on it and makes sense. Hopefully any general Porsche Price Increase will not be until the MY2021 in late summer 2020 at the earliest.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

Guy wrote:
VanB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:54 am Are they as good as everyone says?
In short - yes! We got it in April having waited for the new 1.3 TCE (130bhp) engine to be introduced, which also brought the added benefit of CarPlay. The previous 1.6 petrol version was dog slow, so we're glad we waited for this one which is actually quite nippy! It's a great utilitarian vehicle - my wife uses it to commute to work in Milton Keynes, and I borrow it occasionally for dump runs!
Thanks, Guy

Sounds like the perfect runaround to go with the 911!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
SimonH146

Post by SimonH146 »

So, finally managed to get to drive Macan S with 21 inch wheels both on steel with PASM and Air Suspension. Better half (who suffers from vertigo and therefore is prone to car sickness) immediately commented on how ride quality felt much better from the passenger seat with air suspension. The opinion was that it definitely felt smoother over the rough road surfaces around our country lanes, felt flatter in the corners and more stable on the motorway. Result....specification tweaked to include the air suspension option! 😉
Now - Macan Turbo (MY20), Mamba Green/High Gloss Black :D
Cancelled due to COVID redundancy :-( - Macan S, Silver