Hi to All

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SimonH146

Post by SimonH146 »

Hi all, been reading bits and pieces on this forum for a few months now while trying to make my mind up! New Macan S on order now for delivery end March 2020. Thanks to all those posting advice and experience which swayed my decision. :D Too long to wait, but give time to tweak and finalise my spec. Drove car on air with 21 inch wheels for test drive, but going back soon to try out steel with PASM as not sure I really need the air, any comments? Looking forward to the Porsche experience at Silverstone to keep me going though the long winter wait. Upside is car should arrive in time for dry roads and sunshine, also then give me time to save up for winter wheel and tyre set ;) .
Now - Macan Turbo (MY20), Mamba Green/High Gloss Black :D
Cancelled due to COVID redundancy :-( - Macan S, Silver

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I'm on 20" with air and the ride is fantastic for long trips. you can then push the button to firm it up as required.

Would go well with your Bose and quiet glass.

I haven't felt the need for winter wheels through two winters; it grips quite well and the 4wd system seems to do the job well enough off road.

I've got a Suzuki for serious mud though.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome to the Macan Forums.

I test drove Air, PASM and standard and settled on PASM. No regrets 2.5 years on as the ride quality comfort is excellent

What is your OPC saying about price and any post Brexit impact on pricing come March / April? with the probable / possible import duty change.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

I test drove a new S on 21" with air suspension for a weekend and it was great. But after testing one with 21" and pasm on steel springs I didnt feel much difference.. so I now have a macan s with 21" pasm on steel springs and love it. I never use comfort mode 90% sport 10% sport plus when pushing on..
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
HsnsM

Post by HsnsM »

SimonH146 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am Hi all, been reading bits and pieces on this forum for a few months now while trying to make my mind up! New Macan S on order now for delivery end March 2020. Thanks to all those posting advice and experience which swayed my decision. :D Too long to wait, but give time to tweak and finalise my spec. Drove car on air with 21 inch wheels for test drive, but going back soon to try out steel with PASM as not sure I really need the air, any comments? Looking forward to the Porsche experience at Silverstone to keep me going though the long winter wait. Upside is car should arrive in time for dry roads and sunshine, also then give me time to save up for winter wheel and tyre set ;) .
hi, nice to see you
congratulations on your new purchase
itself here newcomer, have been arguing fit in in the collective
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum. If you get your Porsche Experience at Silverstone before you finalise your spec you'll get some really valuable advice. All the ones I spoke to (well over four years ago, mind) said that steel springs gave the best handling.

I've spent four years with a car on 20" wheels and PASM. Except on really poor roads, the suspension is always in Sport and the ride's fine.

There was a lady forum member some time ago who had a Turbo on air and suffered from car sickness. She changed the car for one with steel springs and the problem went away. Having said that, there are plently of forum members who think air suspension is the dog's b******s so your plan to try both and then make your mind up is probably the best way to go.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Obviously depends on your requirements but for "normal usage" you don't need air suspension or a spare set of wheels.

Just trying to save you money..... :D :D :D
VanB

Post by VanB »

Not sure what “normal usage” is as these cars are capable of doing so many things they get used in a very diverse variety of ways.

Personally I had air on my Macan GTS and the ride was sublimely smooth on the battered roads around us when I wanted but also firmed up beautifully when I wanted a more sporty experience. Air would be high up my tick list again if buying a mid to large SUV in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
VanB

Post by VanB »

It also occurs to me that you don’t need a Porsche at all for normal usage as a Dacia Duster will do normal usage for a lot less £££ and is also highly rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Guy

Post by Guy »

+ 1. Here's ours! :D

IMG_1607 - Copy.JPG