Newbie first Porsche - Macan SD

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Hi everyone,

I picked up my MY2017 Macan SD a few weeks back from the Swindon OPC (who were very good), so far so good and excited to have my first Porsche.

I’ve already had lots of ‘real Porsche’s don’t have Diesel engines’ ribbing from my 911 owning friend but I do too many miles to take any notice of him ha ha.

Headline spec is
Volcano grey
14 way black leather seats
Pasm
Chrono
Keyless entry
Auto dim mirrors
Pano roof
Heated seats
Sports design body, minors and 20inch wheels
Silver sports tailpipes

The only other things I would have liked are privacy glass (I’ll get them tinted myself) and Bi-Xenon lights so I’m stuck with halogens. Guess you have to compromise somewhere when buying a used car.

Looking forward to reading all the expert advice on here and hopefully contributing too.

Cheers

B16FC4DC-E66B-4ECD-9D69-5BD8542D4CFC.jpeg

J1220

Post by J1220 »

Congrats....looks a real stunner. I like the Volcano Grey.
Does the glass have a slight tint? Have you looked into getting tints done?
TonyZed

Post by TonyZed »

"and Bi-Xenon lights so I’m stuck with halogens"

I had the same problem with mine. It seems common to spec these without xenons, probably people expected them as standard for a car of this level.
A conversion is out of the question due to cost but I found some very good LED bulbs that fit the bill. Some are rubbish but these are very good.

Let me know if you want info.

TonyZ
Caster

Post by Caster »

Nice one Rusco - looks good in Volcano Grey👍
Enjoy the motor + good to have you with us on the Forum👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome Rusco to Macan Forums. :)

I too bought from OPC Swindon when I specced a factory order SD delivery in May 17. I included the tinted rear windows and bi-xenons in my list of extras. There are so many options. It makes it difficult for a first time Porsche buyer to get them all right / within budget! :o

Yes you can get the windows tinted and high power halogen bulbs are available - so those aspects are at least readily "fixable". :idea:

Enjoy your ride :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

The SD is a great car if you do the miles, loved mine, they just eat up the miles and very safely :D Enjoy
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Does the glass have a slight tint? Have you looked into getting tints done?
[/quote]

Thanks..

It's tint free so I asked the OPC for a recommendation and they sent me to a chap who does work for all the local main dealers. He had a new un-registered Audi A5 coupe in his workshop he'd just completed when I visited.. I'm now booked in for this Thursday.
J1220

Post by J1220 »

Thats just brilliant. Would you mind sharing your experience when done. I will most likely need the same. Where are they based?
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Thank you for the welcome :-)

TonyZ - thanks for the offer but I'll probably wait until the 3 year warranty is up so I don't void anything.
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

J1220 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:18 pm Thats just brilliant. Would you mind sharing your experience when done. I will most likely need the same. Where are they based?
Sure. They are called Autoasylum and also based in Swindon, I'll let you know how I get on.