2016 SD

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

spook wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:49 pm Welcome,

Enjoy your SD, luckily it had PASM because I found that 21's without was not a good experience on poor roads.
With PASM on or off it’s surprisingly compliant actually—but then the C63 was like having a bag of rocks for suspension!
2016 SD, Volcano grey, 21 Turbos, PASM, SportDesign, Privacy glass, LDW and LCA, Heated sports seats with crest and memory, Heated steering wheel (the best), Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Pano roof, PCM, Connect Plus, Park assist with reverse camera

Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:23 pm Welcome Andyroo,
I'm sure you'll love the car. I've had my SD from new in late 2016. It's got 21's on and they're great, even with steel suspension. On long motorway runs it can go to 44 mpg, a great saver.
44mpg?! I must be doing something wrong!
2016 SD, Volcano grey, 21 Turbos, PASM, SportDesign, Privacy glass, LDW and LCA, Heated sports seats with crest and memory, Heated steering wheel (the best), Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Pano roof, PCM, Connect Plus, Park assist with reverse camera
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Leesparky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:25 pm Welcome! (Another SD owner [2017] here!)

I had the TDI tuning box fitted a couple of months ago (get the Bluetooth version, it’s worth the extra). It’s excellent. Has 1-7 settings and I just leave it on setting 1 as it’s better fuel efficiency and also faster too!

Tried setting 7 in Sports Plus and it’s definitely an SQ 5 eater on that setting - believe me! :)

Regarding warranty; yes, it affects it (my OPC in Reading gave me a friendly warning telling me to take the box off before bringing it in for any warranty work).

So, enjoy! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know about the warranty! Extra power and mpg noticeably worth it in your opinion?
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Andyroo wrote:
Leesparky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:25 pm Welcome! (Another SD owner [2017] here!)

I had the TDI tuning box fitted a couple of months ago (get the Bluetooth version, it’s worth the extra). It’s excellent. Has 1-7 settings and I just leave it on setting 1 as it’s better fuel efficiency and also faster too!

Tried setting 7 in Sports Plus and it’s definitely an SQ 5 eater on that setting - believe me! :)

Regarding warranty; yes, it affects it (my OPC in Reading gave me a friendly warning telling me to take the box off before bringing it in for any warranty work).

Good to know about the warranty! Extra power and mpg noticeably worth it in your opinion?
Definitely. I watched a few YouTube bits and bobs to put my mind at rest first.

Got a local mechanic to fit it for me for £30 (don’t trust myself!)

200 mile M1 runs give me 44+mpg (77mph cruise setting) ish now.

The engine and exhaust both give a little extra grunt too.

Acceleration was already good, but now it’s better. All this is on level 1. There are 6 higher levels....

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Andyroo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:39 pm
I'm sure you'll love the car. I've had my SD from new in late 2016. It's got 21's on and they're great, even with steel suspension. On long motorway runs it can go to 44 mpg, a great saver.
You've got to believe it - home to York at average speed of 61 mph and not all Motorway either!

2018-07-19 York 61mph average.PNG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Leesparky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:04 pm
Andyroo wrote:

Definitely. I watched a few YouTube bits and bobs to put my mind at rest first.

Got a local mechanic to fit it for me for £30 (don’t trust myself!)

200 mile M1 runs give me 44+mpg (77mph cruise setting) ish now.

The engine and exhaust both give a little extra grunt too.

Acceleration was already good, but now it’s better. All this is on level 1. There are 6 higher levels....

Sounds good, thank you!
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:07 pm
You've got to believe it - home to York at average speed of 61 mph and not all Motorway either!2018-07-19 York 61mph average.PNG
Impressive figures—i don’t think I have the restraint to manage that!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Andyroo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:32 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:07 pm

You've got to believe it - home to York at average speed of 61 mph and not all Motorway either!
Impressive figures—i don’t think I have the restraint to manage that!
Not much restraint in evidence :evil: - it was in summer 8-) traffic with congestion around the Bristol, Birmingham and Nottingham sections and going into York. :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

50mpg.JPG

try harder! :o
I now waiting for Pauls picture!!! :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Ferdie