Another newbie

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kevmoz

Post by Kevmoz »

Hi Folks,

Just joined the forum, probably a bit late as we have ordered a new Macan S. We found a used Macan online and liked the spec but wanted to try it. As it was used the offer of a 20 min test didn’t sit well so they sent us out in a Macan S, what a car! The demo model came on the active suspension rather than air, but it felt compose and sure footed without crashing in the potholes and poor road surface. We then got to drive the Macan which had air, which we didn’t like, it felt a bit ‘bouncy’ at the rear, maybe a bad one, but with only 9000 miles I would hope it was working well!

Anyway, with the price difference between used had new so close we opted for a new build which should be with the dealer in February ready for a 1st March collection.

We went with crayon, active suspension 21” spider wheels and 18 way sport seats to list but a few of the selected options. Quick question, we have added rear camera but is it really worth the extra for the surround camera pack?

All the best.

Kev

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news :D :D :D

I like having the rear camera but don't know about surround pack...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Kev,

Welcome to our friendly forum and congrats on the Macan S order! Hope the time will fly by until March 1st! :)

Can’t help with the Surround View. I didn’t even spec a rear camera on my car/s, but am sure that others will chip in...

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Kevmoz wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:08 am
Quick question, we have added rear camera but is it really worth the extra for the surround camera pack?

All the best.

Kev
I upgraded from rear camera on my 1st Macan to Surround View on my 2nd and thought it was worthwhile. I like the clever ‘view from above’ camera angle, which allows you to precision park in marked parking spaces etc.

Give it a try before you decide.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rear camera is plenty for me.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome 👍😁

I guess the answer re the camera is how often you park in tighter spaces and how confident you (or other drivers) are - and how “precious” you are about kerbed alloys !

I have just the reversing camera which I find fine, but the rear 3/4 vision is not fantastic.
Last edited by Paul on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

Kevmoz wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:08 am Hi Folks,

Quick question, we have added rear camera but is it really worth the extra for the surround camera pack?

All the best.

Kev
Depends on how much close manoeuvring you do in garages, carparks and against kerbs.

I would not be without having had it on a previous car.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

With 21” wheels I would certainly spec surround view. Or put the money into refurbishing the wheels once a year!
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kevmoz

Post by Kevmoz »

Thanks all for the reply’s. The demo had it and I found it very useful but as Mrs Moz is paying it’s been cut from the list.

Look forward to meeting with some of you in the future. 👍
Caster

Post by Caster »

Welcome Kevmoz - another vote for the Surround View from me as wouldn’t be without it for precise parking and other manoeuvres etc - but if the Mrs says “No”!

Just a thought - some favour the 14 way over the 18 way seats. Apologies if you really fancy the 18’s but maybe consider 14’s + spend savings on Surround View (or something else!) - the permutations never end 🤔
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D