Checking in - yet another newbie

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Kleynie wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:12 pm
CliveH wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:31 pm Thank you for the warm welcome!

The main highlights of the extensive spec:

• Volcano grey metallic
    Espresso leather interior
    Panoramic sunroof
    21” sport classic wheels in satin platinum
    PDLS plus
    Heated seats front & rear
    Heated steering wheel
    Ventilated front seats
    PASM
    Air suspension
    Sports chrono
    PSE
    PTV plus
    Navigation, TV tuner, DAB radio (not sure if any of these are standard)
    Connect plus
    Adaptive cruise control with PAS
    Power steering plus
    Park assist with reversing camera
    Speed limit indicator
    Lane keeping assist
    Rear sunblinds
Pics to follow when I’ve worked out how to do it!
That’s word for word the same spec as mine, apart from rear sun blinds, I also have a spare wheel. I don’t have a turbo though unfortunately!
I also have 18 way seats and they are a pain to get in and out of.
That’s amazing. There are things on there I wouldn’t have specced if I had bought the car from new but relieved to know that I don’t seem to be missing out on the 18 way adaptive sports seats.
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

CliveH wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:03 pm
Semerka wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 pm That's a great spec. I love the sound of the Espresso leather interior, not a cheap option! 😎
Surprisingly, the extended full leather in espresso was a no cost option on the turbo. The colour looks so much better in the flesh.
Yes, I believe it is a much richer, darker brown in flesh, saw it in the new 992 in the showroom and loved it.
I am not sure that it was a no-cost option though, even on the current Turbo it is a £2,000 option = Espresso natural extended leather interior.

Anyways, enjoy it, the car looks stealthy! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Thanks, it's a real joy to drive and a massive step up from my previous daily driver (2009 Audi S4) and 2011 Boxster in terms of refinement and toys.

The espresso may not be to everyone's taste but having previously owned a 986 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition Boxster with cocoa brown interior, I knew I would like it as it's very similar and somehow manages to give a classic feel to a modern car. Whatever the case is with the cost, I'm happy that the first owner optioned (and paid for) it :)

I love the stealthy look!
adam b

Post by adam b »

CliveH wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:03 pm Surprisingly, the extended full leather in espresso was a no cost option on the turbo. The colour looks so much better in the flesh.
Great spec car, congrats. Extended leather is not standard though, and neither is espresso - so you got an another extra thrown in :)

"Leather package in standard colour" is standard on the turbo. Standard colours are: Black, Agate Grey, Luxor Beige.
Leather lining on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters,
front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear

For £1,109 you could spec a "Leather interior package"
Leather lining on top and underside of dashboard including glove compartment cover, centre console side sections,
steering wheel airbag module, upper section of door trims in front and rear, door panel armrests and door pulls in front
and rear, centre console storage compartment lid. Leather seats including leather lining on seat outer bolsters in front
and rear, side of front headrests, rear headrests and front seat backrest surrounds.

But that "Leather interior package" cost rose to £1.943 for espresso natural leather, so the espresso was c.£800 on top.
Last edited by adam b on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
adam b

Post by adam b »

Navigation, TV tuner, DAB radio (not sure if any of these are standard)

they are
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Cooled seats too!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

adam b wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:33 am
CliveH wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:03 pm Surprisingly, the extended full leather in espresso was a no cost option on the turbo. The colour looks so much better in the flesh.
Great spec car, congrats. Extended leather is not standard though, and neither is espresso - so you got an another extra thrown in :)

"Leather package in standard colour" is standard on the turbo. Standard colours are: Black, Agate Grey, Luxor Beige.
Leather lining on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters,
front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear

For £1,109 you could spec a "Leather interior package"
Leather lining on top and underside of dashboard including glove compartment cover, centre console side sections,
steering wheel airbag module, upper section of door trims in front and rear, door panel armrests and door pulls in front
and rear, centre console storage compartment lid. Leather seats including leather lining on seat outer bolsters in front
and rear, side of front headrests, rear headrests and front seat backrest surrounds.

But that "Leather interior package" cost rose to £1.943 for espresso natural leather, so the espresso was c.£800 on top.
Thanks Adam, good to know
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Tracky wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 am Cooled seats too!
Not something I would have optioned, but looking forward to the summer days to see how "cool" this is! :)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The seats aren’t cooled as such, just fans forcing cooled air into the pads
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
adam b

Post by adam b »

CliveH wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:02 pm Not something I would have optioned, but looking forward to the summer days to see how "cool" this is! :)
they work surprisingly well (mine doesn't have them but test drove another that did)

good idea to avoid sweaty back when first getting into to a hot car with black leather