Fell in Love with th Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
HarryMacan

Post by HarryMacan »

Hi all, been searching for my next SUV and just feel in love with the Macan! I'm thinking of getting a 2015 to 2016 Macan S Diesel. I'm going using it during the weekends and the odd trip back to visit family. So wondering if anyone have tips on what to look for when test driving one. Are there any major issues that need fixing that will break the bank.

Col M

Post by Col M »

The hidden things you need to check are to do with the PCM: have connect and connect + been purchased. Navigation module (gives you voice control). Mobile phone prepared and Apple CarPlay. 2016 will give you the superior PCM version 4.0 . If buying from a dealer ensure the PCM has the latest firmware and map data.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
pmg

Post by pmg »

Transfer case, has it been replaced and which version of replacement and how well any problem is covered by any warranty that comes with the car.

They are fabulous vehicles and my happiness with purchase increases with every mile I drive mine.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

HarryMacan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:06 pm Hi all, been searching for my next SUV and just feel in love with the Macan! I'm thinking of getting a 2015 to 2016 Macan S Diesel. I'm going using it during the weekends and the odd trip back to visit family. So wondering if anyone have tips on what to look for when test driving one. Are there any major issues that need fixing that will break the bank.
A lot depends on what you mean by "using it at weekends". If the diesel is used for a lot of short runs you will get problems with the DPF (diesel particulate filter). Having said that, I've had mine for four and a half years without ever seeing the dreaded warning light but I only use the car for longish runs.

Make sure the transfer box has been replaced as an out of warranty repair will be expensive.

If they still made the SD, I would buy another one in an instant.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Welcome. As above, if you're not doing the mileage buy a Petrol. GTS's are brilliant.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Miopyk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm Welcome. As above, if you're not doing the mileage buy a Petrol. GTS's are brilliant.
+1, Massive grin factor guaranteed.