Hello!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

You'll love the heated windscreen even if only need to rarely use it. Nothing like the old ones with wires and so quick! The screen has a lovely tint from outside when its sunny too.

Deleted User 3551

Post by Deleted User 3551 »

fcooke wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:57 pm You'll love the heated windscreen even if only need to rarely use it. Nothing like the old ones with wires and so quick! The screen has a lovely tint from outside when its sunny too.
Great! The XF's was terrific, so was hoping Porsche's would match up well. As you say, rarely needed but extremely helpful on those frosty mornings when you've been lazy and left the thing on the drive overnight...
RAA

Post by RAA »

fcooke wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:57 pm You'll love the heated windscreen even if only need to rarely use it. Nothing like the old ones with wires and so quick! The screen has a lovely tint from outside when its sunny too.
Yes, definitely a thumbs up for the new heated windscreen ! There's some kind of gel between two layers of glass, and it's completely clear. No more scraping frost off the windscreen, the rear window or the wing mirrors. But what if the windscreen suffers from a bad chip or crack - that's the only worry ?
Deleted User 3551

Post by Deleted User 3551 »

RAA wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:37 am
Yes, definitely a thumbs up for the new heated windscreen ! There's some kind of gel between two layers of glass, and it's completely clear. No more scraping frost off the windscreen, the rear window or the wing mirrors. But what if the windscreen suffers from a bad chip or crack - that's the only worry ?
Yeah, I worried about that with the Jag, but I had the car from when they were first made in '08 until last week and didn't need to replace it once. It picked up 2 stone chips too (luckily, near side so not an MOT issue) and it still worked perfectly.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

So no wires these days, I was worried that my Cayenne didn't have the heated screen even thought it was on the spec sheet when I couldn't see the wires. I'll sleep a lot better tonight now. :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50