Saying hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Hi there,
Am in the process of buying a family car (wife to drive mainly) as I commute on a BMW s1000rr sports bike every day.

We (I) am looking for a used car, ideally, 2019 onwards as I like the rear lightbar going all the way across. However, the pitfall is what I am looking to spend...£40k tops... seeing if this figure can go up... I am also hopeful that when the new registrations come out, there may be deals to be had

Not really sure of spec, as there are so many variants. I like the 2.9litre, with heated seats/steering wheel and upgraded sound system. ideally with front/rear parking camera (for her)

I am aware that it may be along wait, however, any pointers would be appreciated.

Saying that, my wife has been having a look at specs and say this... https://bit.ly/37cuWE1

I know its not what I want, but I guess i "should" listen to her sometimes ;-)
Thanks,
Amit

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Good luck with your search for a 2019 car with a 2.9 litre engine and those options for £40k

Your search will be long and fruitless I’m afraid. Considerable budget stretch required.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome!
As above, a phase 2 Turbo / GTS (light bar and 2.9 litre) is going to set you back significantly more than £40K.
The 2.0 your wife has found is maybe a bit too far the other way 😉
Good luck!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Hello Amit and welcome to the forum!

I would look at the previous version Macan S or GTS or Turbo. They don't have that extended light bar (which you only see if you're driving behind yourself anyway, haha!), but they are still very nice cars indeed, and minus the petrol particulate filter. If cared for these cars will be in excellent condition and you wil get much more for your money.

Good luck in your search! :-)
Last edited by Semerka on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome, :D :D

As above. I would include low mileage older models to give yourself a chance.

Your commute on a BMW s1000rr sounds like fun. How far do you commute and is it fun (on a wet miserable day especially) ??
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

IMORTAL_Indian wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:51 pm Hi there,
Am in the process of buying a family car (wife to drive mainly) as I commute on a BMW s1000rr sports bike every day.

We (I) am looking for a used car, ideally, 2019 onwards as I like the rear lightbar going all the way across. However, the pitfall is what I am looking to spend...£40k tops... seeing if this figure can go up... I am also hopeful that when the new registrations come out, there may be deals to be had

Not really sure of spec, as there are so many variants. I like the 2.9litre, with heated seats/steering wheel and upgraded sound system. ideally with front/rear parking camera (for her)

I am aware that it may be along wait, however, any pointers would be appreciated.

Saying that, my wife has been having a look at specs and say this... https://bit.ly/37cuWE1

I know its not what I want, but I guess i "should" listen to her sometimes ;-)
Thanks,
Amit
Welcome to the forum. When I saw your tag, I expected you to say you rode an Indian rather than a BMW :) .

I don't know if you're aware but the 2.9litre engine is only used in the Turbo. The Macan S has a 3litre, though not the same one as in pre-facelift cars. The chances of you picking up a 2019 Turbo for £40k are somewhere between zero and non-existant.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel