New Member and New GTS Order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Good Afternoon,

So short time lurker and I’ve just placed a deposit down (10 days ago) on a new Gen2 GTS.

Build needs locking in by the end of the month for a March/April build and delivery. Barring any dealer smoke seems I’ve been lucky to get this slot with the OPC as when I’ve spoke to dealers around the country some were into August builds.

Read several threads over the last few weeks but I’m just wanting to make sure I’m not missing anything obvious. Porsche code to follow.

Just for some reference I’m coming from a face-lifted A45. I was looking to retain the power whilst being sat in a more elevated position.

[url] www.porsche-code.com/PL3Y1WY1[/url]

Cheers.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks nice

Cheap options

Heated steering wheel
Bigger fuel tank
Spare wheel
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ A sensible spec and similar to my Gen 2 order. I haven't gone for Air Suspension, roof rails or painted door handles and I don't have those on my current Macan. i have specced the Speed Limit Indicator and 75-litre tank options though.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
LVision

Post by LVision »

Hi & Welcome. Great looking car and sensible spec. The one thing that I miss on my current Turbo is the Comfort Lighting Package. A reasonable option at £219 and one with its interior, and additional, LED lighting makes a real difference in my opinion. I’d also go for the 75 Ltr Fuel tank if you haven’t spec'd it already.

Lovely looking Car though you are really going to enjoy it when it comes. Congrats.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Thats one good looking car without going OTT on extras. Possibly the best I've seen lately.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Hi - another sensible, low option GTS spec and silver works well with the black Spyders.
I have piano black interior trim on my current car and it’s a nightmare to keep swirl/scratch free so if this bothers you it might worth retaining the brushed Aluminum default?

If you are the only driver then seat memory maybe not an option, but consider it if you have more than one driver,I think it does the mirror memory too for reversing.

75 fuel tank I think is a must, Spare wheel I debated over, but at >£500 if you buy after purchase it’s probably a bargain at £160 (my thought when I added) both inexpensive and worth adding, Heated wheel and for me a heated screen are good options depending on your location.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Definitely go for 75 litre tank, consider heated sports steering wheel a very nice option. PS plus, sport design mirrors, black LED headlights and would consider alternative to piano black trim 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Thanks all. I’ll try and comment on everything below. Just for some reference the A45 only has 12.5k miles on it in just over 3 years so some options have almost become a default no.

Heated Steering wheel is 50/50. Driven a few cars with it and it’s a nice touch.

Tank I think will become a yes just out of convenience of not having to fill up as often (a real chore for me) rather than extended range if that makes sense.

Spare wheel needs some more thought and I can happily cope without the limiter I think. The wife’s M2 has the power steering plus and I can take it or leave it.

90% of the time I’d drive so memory seats wasn’t too much of a concern.

I like the piano black as I feel it’ll bring some of the outside of the car inside. The swirling is obviously a concern given the A45 has the night pack and aero kit on it. However I was thinking of potentially getting some of the car protected with the clear film so maybe a question for an installer to see how it would work internally???

Other than that I’m considering the sports mirrors, of course in black.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I have piano black in my current 2017 Macan and really like it. There are no scratches etc, rarely need to wipe it over and it always looks quality. That's why I've specified it on my new GTS

The Speed Limit Recognition shows in the instrument display the speed limit on any given road (most of the time). It is a boon with limits changing from 70 down to 20 mph. Especially so on unfamiliar roads.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

I had piano black on my GTS and thought it was very nice indeed. Never scratched and always looked superb. I didn't have the heated steering wheel on the Macan but do have it on the 911 and love it (and I don't feel the cold).
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate