Hi, 1st Macan, delighted so far.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

pmg wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:12 pm
nick265sprint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:58 pm
Thanks, I'd seen some previously with black window trims and black wheels and I do wonder about going in that direction. But not rushing, ;)
Not sure about black car, black trim and black wheels. I like the contrast of the silver wheels & window trim against the black bodywork. :)
Plus one, I think that looks far better than an all black look. I am particularly fond of the silver wheel.
Thanks, I think this was the 2nd one the original owner had specced and he did really get everything else spot on, so it's interesting how positive people are about that look.
Black SD, Pan Roof,18 way seats, Nav, PCM, PASM etc
Avid car collector :D really should sell some ;)

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

CharlesElliott wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 pm Hi, and welcome.

As you didn’t buy the car from an OPC there is a 90 day period before you can buy a standalone warranty from Porsche. This will also be subject to the 111 point check. It would be worth checking that the car has four N0 rated tyres as that’s often a failure point if they are outside the network. And no hard wired electrical accessories.
Interesting point re electrical accessories, so they would not extend if you had a dashcam professionally fitted? (i.e hardwired)
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

No, they would not. Basically any permanent changes from standard will stop them selling an extended warranty.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

CharlesElliott wrote:No, they would not. Basically any permanent changes from standard will stop them selling an extended warranty.
I have got the date booked for the 111 point check which given the condition of the car I think it will have no problem with. The OPC is sending me full details of the warranty so that's a good time to check and make sure about this. As what you say really wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for the tip off. I'll come back on here and let everyone know what the reply is as I'm sure there will be a few people it could potentially affect. I normally hard wire a dash cam in as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

nick265sprint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 pm
pmg wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Not sure about black car, black trim and black wheels. I like the contrast of the silver wheels & window trim against the black bodywork. :)
Plus one, I think that looks far better than an all black look. I am particularly fond of the silver wheel.
Thanks, I think this was the 2nd one the original owner had specced and he did really get everything else spot on, so it's interesting how positive people are about that look.
I think a black car looks better with a little bit of definition. I sometimes look at my Cayenne and wish there was something I could do to highlight its lines a bit more. At least it hasn't black wheels so there is something to brighten the side profile. Keep your car exactly how it is IMHO.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 am No, they would not. Basically any permanent changes from standard will stop them selling an extended warranty.
Thanks for that, Interesting one as so many now opt for Dash cams for Security and insurance reasons, I will not be taking mine off so the question of extended warranty has been solved!
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

Rab J wrote:
nick265sprint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 pm
pmg wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm Plus one, I think that looks far better than an all black look. I am particularly fond of the silver wheel.
I think a black car looks better with a little bit of definition. I sometimes look at my Cayenne and wish there was something I could do to highlight its lines a bit more. At least it hasn't black wheels so there is something to brighten the side profile. Keep your car exactly how it is IMHO.
It is really growing on me and the thought of changing it is certainly lessoning. Thanks for all the feedback [emoji106]

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

nick265sprint wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 am
CharlesElliott wrote:No, they would not. Basically any permanent changes from standard will stop them selling an extended warranty.
I have got the date booked for the 111 point check which given the condition of the car I think it will have no problem with. The OPC is sending me full details of the warranty so that's a good time to check and make sure about this. As what you say really wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for the tip off. I'll come back on here and let everyone know what the reply is as I'm sure there will be a few people it could potentially affect. I normally hard wire a dash cam in as well.

I hard-wired my own dash cam and this was in the car last September when it went through the 111 point inspection and was approved for the extended warranty.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:38 pm
nick265sprint wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 am

I hard-wired my own dash cam and this was in the car last September when it went through the 111 point inspection and was approved for the extended warranty.
Thanks Nick, I've seen the same on other car Forums where some dealers get fussy about things like this and others are fine about it. So I'll ask the direct question. Really daft as long as something has been fitted competently, but there is the problem ;)
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Congrats on the new Macan.

Your daughter has great taste. #allblackeverything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+