Hi, 1st Macan, delighted so far.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

nick265sprint wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:02 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:38 pm
nick265sprint wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 am I have got the date booked for the 111 point check which given the condition of the car I think it will have no problem with. The OPC is sending me full details of the warranty so that's a good time to check and make sure about this. As what you say really wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for the tip off. I'll come back on here and let everyone know what the reply is as I'm sure there will be a few people it could potentially affect. I normally hard wire a dash cam in as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I hard-wired my own dash cam and this was in the car last September when it went through the 111 point inspection and was approved for the extended warranty.
Thanks Nick, I've seen the same on other car Forums where some dealers get fussy about things like this and others are fine about it. So I'll ask the direct question. Really daft as long as something has been fitted competently, but there is the problem ;)
Yes totally agree, If there was a concern it would be common place not to cover the accessory or its wiring, that I would understand.

Dombo

Post by Dombo »

nick265sprint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
nick265sprint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:58 pm
Thanks, I'd seen some previously with black window trims and black wheels and I do wonder about going in that direction. But not rushing, ;)
Not sure about black car, black trim and black wheels. I like the contrast of the silver wheels & window trim against the black bodywork. :)
Yes, it's very much a Marmite thing. My daughter was a you must do it. But I'm with you a bit. Feels to over the top, hence living with it for it as is for a while. But thanks for the comments back, it's very useful to get other opinions.

I'm with Wing Commander. Mine has the chrome trim and also roof rails, that break up the black a little. The all black one above does look nice too.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

wizzzard wrote:Congrats on the new Macan.

Your daughter has great taste. #allblackeverything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw a car the mirror image of yours Wizard and I really liked it, she did as well. Hence wondering whether to change, so you've got a great looking car [emoji106][emoji106] But I can see what the others are saying, patience is hopefully going to give me the right answer if there ever is such a thing. Mind I would only wrap the trim and buy a different set of wheels so pretty easy to go back. [emoji6][emoji6]

Black SD, Pan Roof,18 way seats, Nav, PCM, PASM etc
Avid car collector :D really should sell some ;)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Agree that wizzzard’s all-black style looks good when clean & shiny :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018