OPC after-sales products

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
julesce

Post by julesce »

Greetings fellow Porsche fans!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has ever posted here. This really has turned into a treasure-filled corner of the interwebs :-)

I'm excited to be picking up my first Porsche in the next few days, a Cayenne E-Hybrid. I expect there will be a few after-sales products to consider from the OPC, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these?

Anyone have any products they feel are a must have and worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Unfortunately I only have a key ring...
davewf

Post by davewf »

The all weather floor mats (Rubber) are relatively good value and do protect the interior in the winter.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

julesce wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 pm Greetings fellow Porsche fans!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has ever posted here. This really has turned into a treasure-filled corner of the interwebs :-)

I'm excited to be picking up my first Porsche in the next few days, a Cayenne E-Hybrid. I expect there will be a few after-sales products to consider from the OPC, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these?

Anyone have any products they feel are a must have and worth the money?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome! :)

Please post pics of your first Porsche when you get it!

No doubt the OPC will try selling you all sorts of services, if they haven’t already, including tyre/wheel insurance, GAP insurance, coatings for your car etc etc. In most cases, these services can be bought better elsewhere, although a few on here have haggled with their OPC and got a good deal on the tyre/wheel insurance.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

davewf wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:06 pm The all weather floor mats (Rubber) are relatively good value and do protect the interior in the winter.
I would also recommend these. They were my first purchase after picking up my Macan. Living in the Scottish Highlands they were a must to protect the like new carpets in my GTS. They can be hosed down after a muddy dog walk and look like new again.
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Just want to bump this one back up.
I've read in here from one owner (think it was jurrasic..... can't remember the last part sorry) they were offered wheel and tyre cover at £299 for 3 years cover. The wife had a phone call today from where we purchased ours last week, this is what we were offered -

What have others been offered?

Cheers

Screenshot_20210406_203537_com.android.email_edit_803029633078506.jpg

Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Redtaz

Post by Redtaz »

Hi
Thought I'd add to this. As it's something that I'm looking at.
OPC offered:
Tyre & alloy - 3 years £700
Gap insurance - 3 years £549

Not too sure if this is any good?
Macan Turbo
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLYBYHF1
Lotus Evora
2019 Corolla
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Oh dear. Check the detail as Porsche alloy cover now is often just a once yearly review and refurbish! Ask to see the policy doc. hth
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I would recommend contacting ALA Insurance for the GAP insurance, as they are MUCH cheaper than your OPC quote, as I paid £213.45 for a 3 year back to Invoice Plus policy last December.

You can get 25% off the ALA standard price, when you use the discount code MSE25. This discount code is available as long as you buy by 31 Dec 2023.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother with the tyre and alloys cover.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Caster

Post by Caster »

Congrats on the new motor julesce.

Rubber mats, touch up paint & mudflaps for me. Got OPC to throw in first two free for me & they fitted flaps which I bought myself.

GAP insurance also handy - check your current car insurance policy though as many already include it free for first year of a new car - mine did. Then I just bought a policy off gapinsurance.co.uk after a year.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D