The month of purchase!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
T4RG4

Post by T4RG4 »

Hello all,

Without wanting to be 'that guy' with yet another post about choice of purchase, I thought I'd ask anyway :D

I'm in the market for a used Macan, predominantly for long-ish drives to Richmond London and Silverstone from Kent. Occasionally as the main transport for the family (wife + 2 young daughters). Car seats, buggy, countless toys and nik-naks as per parent contract. This will be my first "interesting" purchase since selling my 350Z some six years ago when our first daughter arrived on the scene. The Mrs wants to go electric, so she will have a BMW i3 for local trips (I really like these by the way, well worth trying).

I recently went out in a short drive in a Turbo, being sold by Porsche Silverstone. 2014 model in black. Very nice interior, all the bells and whistles as you might imagine. The performance is not, in my opinion, visceral, what with the type of car it is. No doubt it does build speed in an impressive fashion. The element that really impressed was the handling (Sport Plus).

My budget is 50k tops, but for my needs I think I can reign it in considerably and get - for example, a higher than average mileage 2014 Petrol S or a diesel. The latter I have not yet driven. The concept of the more frugal diesel is certainly very appealing. I think the fuel costs of the Turbo would eat away at me, not least because I will be cruising up and down the motorway most of the time. Then again, I like to buy the fastest thing I can get my hands on. Oh the troubled thought process :lol:

If anyone here has transitioned from one type to another, for example diesel Macan to a Petrol, I would love to hear your thoughts. I wonder if anyone has switched the other way, petrol to diesel? Anyway, I cannot forever slave over Autotrader, we need a second car and I'm looking forward to becoming the owner of a lovely Porsche Macan.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sent you a PM.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Petrol owners will tell you to buy a petrol car and diesel owners will tell you to buy diesel. With the general market lack of desire for diesel and the fact they are now obsolete as Porsche stopped making them some time ago I would take that as a clear message.

The answer to your dilemma is however very easy, buy a nice GTS!

Might be selling my totally immaculate Sept 2016 GTS with only 9000 miles soon. Treated like a baby since new as I’m anal about car condition.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

With all the stuff you want to lug around with that many people, I would be looking at a Cayenne rather than Macan, as the boot space to me is the main downside of the Macan.

You can pick up some great deals in Cayennes, and if you went for. Euro 6 compliant diesel S you would get one hell of a car for your money.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

If you want Fast! Get a Turbo, if you want economy get a Diesel, if you want space get a Cayenne.👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Paul

Post by Paul »

No relation, but this would seem to fit the bill?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9659#unread
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
T4RG4

Post by T4RG4 »

Paul wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:41 pm No relation, but this would seem to fit the bill?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9659#unread
Thank you! Will look into that one some more. Much appreciated.
Howoodie

Post by Howoodie »

I’ve just changed from a Cayenne Diesel 2014 to Macan Turbo 2016 with half the miles. So different love it it’s so tight and the PDK box is fantastic. Yes the fuel consumption is very different so I turned off the range info and just see the gauge that way I don’t worry so much. I have a track day booked at Brands with the Porsche club as I think it will handle superbly
H
CR53 RSS

Post by CR53 RSS »

I may be looking to sell mine due to my commute becoming short and not good for running a diesel.

2017 17 Macan S diesel ( £190 per year to tax registered 28th March )
Sapphire Blue metallic
20850 miles ( I’m the second owner )
1 years mot just done 11/3/20 ( no advisory’s )
Tyres replaced 500 miles ago with n rated p zeros
Has a transferable Porsche warranty till 2022 ( comes with Porsche assist )
Full black leather
Heated seats front
18 way electric memory seats with comfort access
PDLS
21” sport classic alloys in black
Brushed steel interior pack
Pano roof
Apple CarPlay
Black gloss window trim
Sensors front and rear with camera
Cruise control
Privacy glass
75 litre fuel tank
PCM
Full Porsche rubber mats and Porsche carpet mats
Transfer box just replaced on 11/3/20 ( common issue, replaced with updated version )

That’s the basic spec off the top of my head but I’m sure I can get a full spec sheet on it should you require.
Pm me if your interested or text/call me on 07843061207
sukhibansi

Post by sukhibansi »

Hi, Im looking to sell mine is a Macan GTS
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9666

I had a Macan Diesel many years back and to be honest I prefer the GTS for the sound!
Happy looking any questions give me a shout. :-)