My New Macan Tractor

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Picked up a 2017 S D yesterday with 22K on the clock. It really is in as new condition and I am very pleased with it. It doesn't have a lot of spec and coming from a fully loaded BMW 435D I was quite apprehensive - I need not have been. I have lost a few things but many things have already surprised me in a good way, including the standard sound system. I have lost 55 BHP but it feels quick enough, for now. It's also much smoother than the BMW engine. The ride quality on the large alloys is beyond my expectations and it just feels a very special place to sit and a step up from my previous BMW's. MPG is going to lower, home to get about 35, is that possible with the 21" wheels?

The Halogens lights have all been replaced today by myself. Nothing like ripping your car apart as soon as you get it home. No error codes and I will do a separate thread for this. The rear has been treated to black lettering and exhausts and the car already looks significantly better. It is off to the detailer in 2 weeks' time for a machine polish and I will post some better pictures then. I hope I can make a positive contribution to the forum.

Spec is:-

Caramine Red
21" Alloys
Seat Heating
Nav
Park Assist
Compass
Heated Steering Wheel
Monochrome Black Exterior Pack
PASM
Crest on Headrests

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Carmine Red is a lovely colour, particularly with black wheels. My SD has averaged 35mpg over four and a half years and 42,400 miles. While it's on 20" wheels, the tread width and rolling radius is identical to yours on 21" so you should be able to match or better 35mpg. Just don't expect that value if you keep trying to match the 0-60 time of a 435D :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news

Lovely looking Macan :D :D :D
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Very nice. Enjoy. Mine returns 30 mpg.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:23 pm Very nice. Enjoy. Mine returns 30 mpg.
That's very low. Can I ask what type of driving you do?
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Mine has averaged 36 mpg over 18,000 miles. Mainly on A and minor roads. Seen 40 mpg on motorway runs. I have always used BP Ultimate premium diesel.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
mid-life

Post by mid-life »

Made a similar move myself back in early January from a BMW 335D X-drive M-sport to a Macan SD. The BMW was 4.5 years old and had got really rattly inside, windows creaked, trim vibrating at certain revs, very poor. It was only because of that beast of an engine that I kept it as long as i did.

Feel exactly the same about the Macan as you, simply a step-up from the BMW in terms of build quality and refinement. Miss the twin turbo of the BMW for that instant push, but learning that if I use the Macan on the paddles in Sport, can get close. I'm on winter tyres on mine and get 30-32mpg spirited driving and 36mpg more sober cruising.

Mine too came with Halogens (last car I had with halogens was in 2012!) First thing i did was upgrade the bulbs (myself). Has helped a bit, but they are still pretty poor. BMW had the full automatic xenon system and it was fantastic.

Enjoy you new car, I've liked mine more each week I've been driving it, in spite of the poor headlights.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Me too, I came from a 535d GT last June to my current SD, I lost head up display but not much else as my spec is missing nothing. I too find the engine smoother in the Macan and the ride on 21’s is spot on. Having said that I am on 20” winters at present and the ride is even better, I do have air suspension though.
The interior is definitely a step up from BMW and my car, now on 17k miles feels and looks as new.
Reliability has not been great though with 5 visits to the garage so far since June, and one more planned to replace the sunroof seal. However, the service from Porsche Guildford has been brilliant and so much better than BMW. I always get a courtesy car at no cost, and they always phone or email to update me.
I cannot see me ever going back to BMW, just a shame Porsche stopped doing diesels
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Interesting comments! This is giving me a lot of confidence in my choice.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ti Rich wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:23 pm Very nice. Enjoy. Mine returns 30 mpg.
That's very low. Can I ask what type of driving you do?
A mixed bag. Motorway A and B roads and some town driving. Motorway cruising returns mid 30s. A road tootling about 40 mpg. The display shows long term average of about 30. Neck to neck fill ups show about 5% difference.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)