My New Macan Tractor

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Tom 2000 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am
Ti Rich wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:23 pm Very nice. Enjoy. Mine returns 30 mpg.
That's very low. Can I ask what type of driving you do?
A mixed bag. Motorway A and B roads and some town driving. Motorway cruising returns mid 30s. A road tootling about 40 mpg. The display shows long term average of about 30. Neck to neck fill ups show about 5% difference.
Thank you. Based on todays drive to work I think 31-32 is about as good as I will get.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm Me too, I came from a 535d GT last June to my current SD, I lost head up display but not much else as my spec is missing nothing. I too find the engine smoother in the Macan and the ride on 21’s is spot on. Having said that I am on 20” winters at present and the ride is even better, I do have air suspension though.
The interior is definitely a step up from BMW and my car, now on 17k miles feels and looks as new.
Reliability has not been great though with 5 visits to the garage so far since June, and one more planned to replace the sunroof seal. However, the service from Porsche Guildford has been brilliant and so much better than BMW. I always get a courtesy car at no cost, and they always phone or email to update me.
I cannot see me ever going back to BMW, just a shame Porsche stopped doing diesels
I have been reading an article in Autocar on buying older six cylinder X5s. Reading the number of different issues with the engine was truly shocking for a supposed quality German car. Don't walk away, run, was more or less the conclusion. The V6 VW diesel engine has a few issues but nothing as serious as the BMW.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Rab J wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm Me too, I came from a 535d GT last June to my current SD, I lost head up display but not much else as my spec is missing nothing. I too find the engine smoother in the Macan and the ride on 21’s is spot on. Having said that I am on 20” winters at present and the ride is even better, I do have air suspension though.
The interior is definitely a step up from BMW and my car, now on 17k miles feels and looks as new.
Reliability has not been great though with 5 visits to the garage so far since June, and one more planned to replace the sunroof seal. However, the service from Porsche Guildford has been brilliant and so much better than BMW. I always get a courtesy car at no cost, and they always phone or email to update me.
I cannot see me ever going back to BMW, just a shame Porsche stopped doing diesels
I have been reading an article in Autocar on buying older six cylinder X5s. Reading the number of different issues with the engine was truly shocking for a supposed quality German car. Don't walk away, run, was more or less the conclusion. The V6 VW diesel engine has a few issues but nothing as serious as the BMW.
I had a 97 X5. Good going yoke and the only engine related bother was Exhaust Recycling Valve or whatever it is called. However I never really felt comfortable thrashing it up through the revs.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ti Rich wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:53 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am
Ti Rich wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 pm

That's very low. Can I ask what type of driving you do?
A mixed bag. Motorway A and B roads and some town driving. Motorway cruising returns mid 30s. A road tootling about 40 mpg. The display shows long term average of about 30. Neck to neck fill ups show about 5% difference.
Thank you. Based on todays drive to work I think 31-32 is about as good as I will get.
I think to achieve any better long term is the waste of a good car.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Sound advise Tom!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

Welcome great looking car. I did the same swap from a 435D to Macan S D 6 weeks and 1500 miles ago. I've been averaging about 35mpg, sometimes up to 38 on motorway runs. Really pleased I moved over, much more practical car, only thing I miss is the HUD. Used the birds-eye view parking to great effect today to get into a space I didn't think I could squeeze a Fiat500 into, red at both ends, but superb system.
Black SD, Pan Roof,18 way seats, Nav, PCM, PASM etc
Avid car collector :D really should sell some ;)
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

nick265sprint wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:37 pm Welcome great looking car. I did the same swap from a 435D to Macan S D 6 weeks and 1500 miles ago. I've been averaging about 35mpg, sometimes up to 38 on motorway runs. Really pleased I moved over, much more practical car, only thing I miss is the HUD. Used the birds-eye view parking to great effect today to get into a space I didn't think I could squeeze a Fiat500 into, red at both ends, but superb system.
I am pleasantly surprised. I thought the tech would be a bit behind but some of it I prefer to the BMW. Performance is more than fine, it's quicker and smoother than I expected. I too miss HUD the most and not having RTTI.

First tank almost complete and an indicated 34mpg. So long term 35mpg sounds spot on allowing for the warmer weather.

The image quality on the rearview camera is poor, not sure if this is normal or not?
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

Ti Rich wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:44 pm
nick265sprint wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:37 pm Welcome great looking car. I did the same swap from a 435D to Macan S D 6 weeks and 1500 miles ago. I've been averaging about 35mpg, sometimes up to 38 on motorway runs. Really pleased I moved over, much more practical car, only thing I miss is the HUD. Used the birds-eye view parking to great effect today to get into a space I didn't think I could squeeze a Fiat500 into, red at both ends, but superb system.
I am pleasantly surprised. I thought the tech would be a bit behind but some of it I prefer to the BMW. Performance is more than fine, it's quicker and smoother than I expected. I too miss HUD the most and not having RTTI.

First tank almost complete and an indicated 34mpg. So long term 35mpg sounds spot on allowing for the warmer weather.

The image quality on the rearview camera is poor, not sure if this is normal or not?
What do you mean by RTTI and I'm sure that's just me :D unless you mean the single dial for digital interface, which I found much better than the Macan. But you kind of get used to it. However finding Contacts in your list just seems daft or maybe I missing something, but having to try and choose a tiny letter down the RH side seems very difficult.

I've found the camera system superb, so would get that checked out, possibly something amiss ? really dirty lens ?
Black SD, Pan Roof,18 way seats, Nav, PCM, PASM etc
Avid car collector :D really should sell some ;)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’m sure I have RTTI as I paid for it? It’s better than BMW’s
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Kleynie wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:11 pm I’m sure I have RTTI as I paid for it? It’s better than BMW’s
I don't have Porsche Connect unfortunately........