Clock on 2020 Turbo failed to change to BST

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
RGS

Post by RGS »

Hi, I'm a new Macan Turbo owner having been exclusively a Mercedes customer for 24 years and become disenchanted with the direction Mercedes has taken to become just another mass manufacturer, so I traded my AMG C63s 4ltr V8 for a new Sapphire Blue Macan Turbo in November 2019. My wife thinks it's the best car we have owned and it's certainly screwed together better than recent Mercs and a lot more refined than the AMG. However when the clocks changed two days ago, the Porsche stayed resolutely GMT. I tried the steering wheel control to access Vehicle/settings/date and time, found them set at auto so tried resetting manually which worked but then the clocks returned to GMT as soon as auto was reset. I tried a PCM reset by holding the volume button down for 10seconds, but that failed to change the clocks to BST. Went for a ride to see if sat nav worked, which it did but the clocks didn't. Then finally I went to the PCM and opened Car/Settings/date and Time, found the settings at auto, so I switched the auto settings off, then on again and like magic the clocks reset to the correct time. I hope this may be of help to anyone in the same situation. I found the owners manual pretty useless but my son is a Porsche fanatic having owned a few Cayman's and a 911, so he helps me a lot with understanding the intricacies of the PCM and we have had 3 visits to the Silverstone experience together with one yet to go when he gets his new Cayman GTS 4.0. Nice to join the Porsche family

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Welcome RGS. A wise decision to leave Merc for Porsche!

Strange clock behaviour. Both my cars reset to BST seconds after switching on the ignition. Automatic Time is permanently selected in my PCM.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

My 2020 Turbo does the same. Via PCM it's an hour behind, so I've disabled automatic time.

I too left Merc for Porsche, swapping out of a GLC AMG 63S for a Macan Turbo.

I love the new car and there's no looking back for me!
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

The clock on my loan 2020 GTS changed over okay.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Toddie wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 pm The clock on my loan 2020 GTS changed over okay.
My 2020 GTS failed to update too. Just did manually, auto on/off failed to update, not a big deal to spin it up an hour, but bit surprised something this basic failed to work.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

I found a solution - at least it worked with my 2020 Turbo!

I had auto time turned off via Settings on right sided circular display on dashboard
Then I went to PCM > Car > System
And ticked the auto time box
It also updated in dashboard display and now displays correct time on PCM, dashboard and Sport Chrono stopwatch/clock

Hope it works for you too...
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Another ex AMG owner here, never lost so much money in a short time !

I think the Porsche’s changed ok

The seat has been jumping an hour for weeks even though it is set to auto up date - I just switched that function on and off and it sorted itself.

The Lotus only gets used in British summer time so I don’t bother changing it, partly because I can never work out how to either !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
LVision

Post by LVision »

Yes similar problem on my Turbo. Turned off Auto in the right hand binnacle and set it manually in the end but will follow advice hear and try it via the PCM settings.
RGS

Post by RGS »

As my Macan has been laid up since lockdown, I've only recently noticed that since I reset the clock via PCM, that I now have the full colour 3D display that was also not set up on the PCM since new.
T25UFO

Post by T25UFO »

I have a slightly different problem. The clock on my Macan Turbo has started to lose time - on average 4 minutes per day. Car purchased new in December. Apart from some connection problems with Apple Car Play, everything else is fine. It's only a minor irritation and can't visit the dealer now, but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.