Hi all

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ninnnaise

Post by Ninnnaise »

I'm Michael from Boston.

Wife suggested we have a look at the Macan tomorrow. Obviously, she had to talk me into going to the garage!

Anybody can share any experience of the car?

Thanks
click on this link to delivery flowers Kiev

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum. It's a bit quiet on here at the moment because the UK is in lockdown as a result of Covid 19.

There are four versions of the car available in the UK. I don't know if they're all available in the USA (I guess you're not from Boston, Lincolnshire). The Macan with a two litre (that's liter in the States), the Macan S with a 3L engine, the GTS and the Turbo both have a 2.9L engine but in different states of tune.

The Macan is the car that really puts the Sport into Sports Utility Vehicle. All versions are known for their brilliant handling. If this is going to be your first Porsche you'll find out that the options list is enormous. Nobody buys one without any options.

The car looks better on bigger wheels but rides better on smaller ones. Most people opt for larger wheels and specify Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management (PASM) which overcomes the ride disadvantages of the bigger wheels and improves the handling (I'm biased because that's what I chose). Beyond that most options relate to improving luxury. In the UK, Satellite Navigation (GPS) is an option but it might be a standard fit in the States.

Make sure you have a test drive. After that you'll be sold.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

On-Track wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:09 pm In the UK, Satellite Navigation (GPS) is an option but it might be a standard fit in the States...

Sat nav is now standard on Macans in the UK. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Be prepared to get sucked in to the brand, quite a few of us on here have either swapped the Macan for one of their sports cars or added a sports car to the garage with the Macan

The Macan is just a great all rounder

Enjoy your search and test drive. Once you have a car, there are some great online communities like this forum
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0