New Member - Scotland

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine is a 66 reg 2017 Macan diesel. Like you I came from a BMW, a 535d, and I wanted a well spec’ed Macan. I waited and was lucky to find a one owner 11k miles car with £24k worth of options for £42k last June when the car was 2.5 years old.
Of all the options I love the air suspension and the lower stance that comes with it, I like the active cruise but wouldn’t especially look out for it on a future car. What does make my car very special in my opinion is the extended full leather, literally everything is covered in real leather and it really lifts the cabin. If you are used to BMW’s you will know about their extended leather option, well Porsche just do it so much better with better quality leather, it really does make a huge difference.
I have 21” summer wheels and 20” winters, the car rides marginally better on the 20’s but the 21’s are simply stunning.
I also have ventilated seats that I wouldn’t bother with again, and heated steering wheel which I used once and didn’t like.

As already said, you do need the upgraded headlights, I have adaptive LED but xenon are good too, the standard lights are pants.

One surprise to me was the cost of extended warranty, I was paying £900 per year on my 535d and the Porsche is only around £1400 for two years, definitely worth considering.

One last thing is the spare wheel. I purchased the wheel, jack and the boot trims from Porsche as mine was lacking the spare wheel. It’s not cheap doing it this way, so if you find a car with one then happy days.

Good luck with the search and let us know how you get on.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Kleynie wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:03 pm Mine is a 66 reg 2017 Macan diesel. Like you I came from a BMW, a 535d, and I wanted a well spec’ed Macan. I waited and was lucky to find a one owner 11k miles car with £24k worth of options for £42k last June when the car was 2.5 years old.
Of all the options I love the air suspension and the lower stance that comes with it, I like the active cruise but wouldn’t especially look out for it on a future car. What does make my car very special in my opinion is the extended full leather, literally everything is covered in real leather and it really lifts the cabin. If you are used to BMW’s you will know about their extended leather option, well Porsche just do it so much better with better quality leather, it really does make a huge difference.
I have 21” summer wheels and 20” winters, the car rides marginally better on the 20’s but the 21’s are simply stunning.
I also have ventilated seats that I wouldn’t bother with again, and heated steering wheel which I used once and didn’t like.

As already said, you do need the upgraded headlights, I have adaptive LED but xenon are good too, the standard lights are pants.

One surprise to me was the cost of extended warranty, I was paying £900 per year on my 535d and the Porsche is only around £1400 for two years, definitely worth considering.

One last thing is the spare wheel. I purchased the wheel, jack and the boot trims from Porsche as mine was lacking the spare wheel. It’s not cheap doing it this way, so if you find a car with one then happy days.

Good luck with the search and let us know how you get on.
Great post, thanks for the feedback. Strangely, the purpose buying a used Macan is to save money pm in comparison to owning a brand new 335.

I have discussions with Porsche Belfast (not ideal being in Glasgow) about the following car. The downside is the mileage and age but as a 1 owner car fully maintained by Porsche Belfast, it seems ok. They are also providing 2 years warranty and road side assistance. Front bonnet, front bumper has been resprayed by Porsche Belfast to remove stone chips. Dirt cheap per month and ideal for running the family around in.

Thoughts on this car and spec everyone?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Hi and welcome to the forum

I too am based in the Glasgow area. Looking at this car it would not be for me. The price is relatively low, however It lacks basic standard extras that most add and so to me looks expensive for what your getting. (the Auto trader specs might not be listing correctly so only going on that spec list)

I had a quick look on the Porsche approved used and these two, although more expensive are 2 years younger, have 10k less miles. Both 1 owner and depending on your colour preference and extras both look better to me. Perth I have dealt with and they will do a deal I am sure if you push

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Ma ... sel-145865

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Mac ... sel-159823

Heated seat, PASM, Pan sunroof all seem to be missing from the one you are linking to. If none of those extras do it for you then the price is low, but I think it should be another £2k less.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

kmacuk wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:30 pm Hi and welcome to the forum

I too am based in the Glasgow area. Looking at this car it would not be for me. The price is relatively low, however It lacks basic standard extras that most add and so to me looks expensive for what your getting. (the Auto trader specs might not be listing correctly so only going on that spec list)

I had a quick look on the Porsche approved used and these two, although more expensive are 2 years younger, have 10k less miles. Both 1 owner and depending on your colour preference and extras both look better to me. Perth I have dealt with and they will do a deal I am sure if you push

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Ma ... sel-145865

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Mac ... sel-159823

Heated seat, PASM, Pan sunroof all seem to be missing from the one you are linking to. If none of those extras do it for you then the price is low, but I think it should be another £2k less.
Hi, thanks for feedback.
I am not sure if you can see the screen shot i attached of the official spec sheet? The car has Air Suspension with self levelling and ride height control, PASM, Heated front seats, 20 inch RS spider wheels, 75 litre tank, auto dimming interior/exterior mirrors, Bi-Xenon lighting with porsche dynamic light system, comfort memory package, headlight cleaning system, light comfort package, mobile phone prep, black exterior pack, park assist front and rear with reversing camera, PCM, Power Steering Plus, tow bar system, voice control.

This was sent by Porsche on spec sheet.

Thoughts?
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Hi

I saw that after post so that gives a clearer picture and is indeed is better as it has most things normally sought after, except pan roof; spec is pretty decent, but I personally would go for 2 years less and lower mileage - GFV will be higher so repayments might not be so different.

Get a history on the cars to see if the transfer box has been replaced, it seems to be a high instance of failure, DPF issues too also appear a lot on diesels.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

kmacuk wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:12 pm Hi

I saw that after post so that gives a clearer picture and is indeed is better as it has most things normally sought after, except pan roof; spec is pretty decent, but I personally would go for 2 years less and lower mileage - GFV will be higher so repayments might not be so different.

Get a history on the cars to see if the transfer box has been replaced, it seems to be a high instance of failure, DPF issues too also appear a lot on diesels.
I am not sure i could get either of those 2 you suggested for the same monthly but i will certainly make an enquiry.
Sorry, i am unsure what you mean about transfer box and DPF? Either way, i will ask.
The car is currently in Belfast so without going over there, i am hoping they can arrange something.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5116

See this thread. DPF is the particulate filter regen process that seemed to blight the Macan
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

kmacuk wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:33 pm viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5116

See this thread. DPF is the particulate filter regen process that seemed to blight the Macan
Thank you.
Also should say i have managed to negotiate car value to close to £30k.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Hi Paul

I just moved into a 2017 S D 2 months ago from a 2017 435d. So I am in a very similar situation to you.

I have 21" wheels and PASM and the ride is very good. Better than the 435d on 19" with active suspension. The car isn't as quick but it's not bad at all once on the move. Certainly doesn't feel slow so no issues performance-wise and it's VERY refined. I have NAV with the basic sound system, and it's fine, better than i expected. I thought the tech would be much worse than the BMW but to be fair it isn't. I don't have RTTI as no Porsche Connect fitted but i use WAZE on my phone when I need too.

Averaged 40mpg in the 435d, getting about 36 in the Macan.

I don't have xenon or LED in the Macan and I certainly miss the full active LED system I had in the 435d. I have however worked out how to upgrade the Macan's Halogens to LED (dipped and fogs so far) and now they are OK with no errors. Just passed the MOT too so no issues.

I have the basic seats and they lack side support when pushing on a bit. 14 or 18 way would be better.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ti Rich wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:58 pm Hi Paul

I just moved into a 2017 S D 2 months ago from a 2017 435d. So I am in a very similar situation to you.

I have 21" wheels and PASM and the ride is very good. Better than the 435d on 19" with active suspension. The car isn't as quick but it's not bad at all once on the move. Certainly doesn't feel slow so no issues performance-wise and it's VERY refined. I have NAV with the basic sound system, and it's fine, better than i expected. I thought the tech would be much worse than the BMW but to be fair it isn't. I don't have RTTI as no Porsche Connect fitted but i use WAZE on my phone when I need too.

Averaged 40mpg in the 435d, getting about 36 in the Macan.

I don't have xenon or LED in the Macan and I certainly miss the full active LED system I had in the 435d. I have however worked out how to upgrade the Macan's Halogens to LED (dipped and fogs so far) and now they are OK with no errors. Just passed the MOT too so no issues.

I have the basic seats and they lack side support when pushing on a bit. 14 or 18 way would be better.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Hi Rich
Thats most helpful, particularly coming from a prevous 35d owner.
Based on the spec i have listed in my post above, do, you think the car is good value at £30k?
Do you prefer the Macan to the BM?
Thanks