New Member - Scotland

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Hard for me to say but looks about right. It appears to have LED headlights and that's not mentioned in the advert.

I just paid 39K for mine with 22K on the clock. I would add that the GFV is very high on Porsches compared to BMW. Mine is 23K at six years old and 73K miles.

Servicing costs are higher by the way but insurance was cheaper for me.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ti Rich wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm Hard for me to say but looks about right. It appears to have LED headlights and that's not mentioned in the advert.

I just paid 39K for mine with 22K on the clock. I would add that the GFV is very high on Porsches compared to BMW. Mine is 23K at six years old and 73K miles.

Servicing costs are higher by the way but insurance was cheaper for me.
Yea sorry the autotrader list is in inaccurate. I have included a screen shot of the spec sheet sent by Porsche. Also written the list out further back in thread. Seems ok. Including Air suspension etc.

Are they much slower than the BM? What are servicing costs like? Is 36mpg motorway miles?
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Well, the 0-62 is 6.3 seconds compared to 4.7 seconds on the X35D but the midrange performance is fine to me. It is not as quick as a x35d, no way, and it is a LOT bigger and feels it. That said it handles very well for an SUV, have you driven one? It certainly feels a step up in quality.

That MPG is a mix right now, not doing my normal mileage patterns. One short trips the MPG is slightly better than the x35d. On the motorway it is worse, at 70mph I get about 43mpg but no doubt the 21" wheel effect this a lot.

Servicing costs are based on 20K approx miles. Minor and major, similar to BMW but costs about 50% more. You also have gearbox service every 40K miles or 4 years, that's another £450. Tyres about £900 for a full set of 21", less for smaller sizes. Parts are expensive and if you don't have a Porsche warranty it could cost you big time.

I doubt very much this will cost less than the x35d to run to be honest. I just wanted a change after several BMW in a row!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ti Rich wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:48 pm Well, the 0-62 is 6.3 seconds compared to 4.7 seconds on the X35D but the midrange performance is fine to me. It is not as quick as a x35d, no way, and it is a LOT bigger and feels it. That said it handles very well for an SUV, have you driven one? It certainly feels a step up in quality.

That MPG is a mix right now, not doing my normal mileage patterns. One short trips the MPG is slightly better than the x35d. On the motorway it is worse, at 70mph I get about 43mpg but no doubt the 21" wheel effect this a lot.

Servicing costs are based on 20K approx miles. Minor and major, similar to BMW but costs about 50% more. You also have gearbox service every 40K miles or 4 years, that's another £450. Tyres about £900 for a full set of 21", less for smaller sizes. Parts are expensive and if you don't have a Porsche warranty it could cost you big time.

I doubt very much this will cost less than the x35d to run to be honest. I just wanted a change after several BMW in a row!
Great thanks. My intention is to save on monthly payments, road tax and insurance. The 335 is surprisingly fast but to be honest, i rarely use all of the performance now that i have my son in the car most of the time.
Sounds like tyre costs are about the same. I actually never paid for any services with my 335 as i had a service pack. What is the cost of servicing?

Thankfully, porsche are including 2 year warranty in the deal (if i accept it).
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I don’t find the SD to be much slower than my old 535d, even though there is a 60bhp difference. The Macan is certainly more refined and just better at most things
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

If you have a Porsche warranty you will need to have it serviced by Porsche. there are no service packs.

The 40K (4 year) service is due on mine next year, that's £1150 !!! Minor service (oil and brake fluid is about £450). Do a serach on this forum, plenty of info.