10% Discount on GAP Insurance, Tyre, Alloy, Insurance

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Does anyone know the legalities of discounting Insurance? The OPC are saying that insurance cannot be discounted due to industry regulations. Sounds odd to me. Although the Alloy and Tyre insurance is a good price GAP is well off the mark.

Maybe they cannot discount but they could contribute?

Lexi2015-08-20 06:56:19
GTS - Build Completion date 3rd June - Was stranded in Leipzig - Now at OPC waiting 1 Sept pick up    http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCHDZ33

goron59

Post by goron59 »

I don't know but there is a huge variance in price and risk model for insurance, and some will generally be higher because you are not their core customer. Go to any comparison website and the ones quoting 5 times the best quotes really don't want/expect your business, but if you are daft enough to take it, it should at least be good for them!

Porsche is not in the insurance business so "theirs" is just a selected partner. Not sure about GAP but their "drive away" cover is Aviva.

All will be regulated under the FCA.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Just done my ALA, if you do it by phone one learns more than from the Web site and the girl was very helpful.
Two main options:
Back to invoice - self explanatory they make up the £ limit chosen - Insurance cover - payment.
Vehicle Replacement - if for example in three years down the road (I took a 5 yr policy), Porsche prices have risen and its a write off you will get replacement as of the future. The extra premium is I recall maybe £60 or so.
In addition they suggest that 40K will do aits was about £10 to make it 50 so I paid approx. 420 for a 5yr, VP at 50K.
The ALA cover mirrors your insurance policy so if you have exceeded your permitted out of UK annual quota you in theory are not covered, when I read the wheel cover this was more limited in out of UK cover. yes you have guessed that I need the full EEC cover, this was an area Porsche Ins really could not cope with as well.
NB mention the the ALA rep and they apply the forum discount, then you have a 30 day cooling off period, docs sent by email, yet to read them though, as I will be in France for a month I have taken it out a month early, otherwise its within 180 days of purchase.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Does anyone know the legalities of discounting Insurance?  The OPC are saying that insurance cannot be discounted due to industry regulations.  Sounds odd to me.  Although the Alloy and Tyre insurance is a good price GAP is well off the mark.  

Maybe they cannot discount but they could contribute?

Insurance is a product the dealership buys from the provider and sells on to you the consumer. No rules about discounting (or there weren't when I was running dealerships anyway)
The IPT ( insurance premium tax) is calculated from the "recommended retail price" so full tax is paid whatever the actual sale price but other than that it is a free market - sounds like your Dealer trying to avoid the "D" word (discount)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Swilken

Post by Swilken »

HJ15 gets 10% discount on ALA (from honestjohn.co.uk)
Macan S Diesel
BenMacan

Post by BenMacan »

Just took out GAP on my new Macan with ALA. Four years cover; New for Old (Vehicle Replacement Plus) for £323. I used the discount code VP10 for the extra 10% off. My OPC quoted £1050 for three years; 'back to invoice' Good deal ??
BenMacan
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

+1 - nice price
steve w

Post by steve w »

Obviously I seem to have got a good deal paid OPC £695 for 3 years GAP/TYRE and WHEEL insurance,I like the backing of PORSCHE behind me,others appear to be quoted much more from their OPCs for some reason.
Steve W
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Obviously I seem to have got a good deal paid OPC £695 for 3 years GAP/TYRE and WHEEL insurance,I like the backing of PORSCHE behind me,others appear to be quoted much more from their OPCs for some reason.
Steve W

You sure it's Porsche? Very likely to be some other insurance company (Porsche is many things, but it is not an insurance company).

Eg, my offered "Porsche" insurance was handled by Lancaster Insurance.
I went wheel/tyre from them (cheapest) and RTI from ALA (cheapest).

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

Opc offered 799 for 3years gap yesterday. Says they do not have cover for wheels available..
:(
PHJD8AA5 GTS