10% Discount on GAP Insurance, Tyre, Alloy, Insurance

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
steve w

Post by steve w »

My GAP/WHEEL and TYRE insurance for 3 years £695 was done through Sheffield Porsche this also covered my Diamond Cut Classics.
Steve W

goron59

Post by goron59 »

My GAP/WHEEL and TYRE insurance for 3 years £695 was done through Sheffield Porsche this also covered my Diamond Cut Classics.
Steve W

Well technically, that would be JCT600 [Rawdon] Ltd

Honestly, I'm not making it up, insurance from a Porsche dealership is NOT insurance from Porsche :)

goron592015-10-15 15:27:02
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
steve w

Post by steve w »

Who ever Porsche use for their cover is good enough for me and at £695 for 3years cover for GAP/TYRES and WHEELS I'm not complaining,if I have any problems I go back to the dealership for them to sort rather than been out on my own with independent insurers.
Steve W
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Thats correct goron59 ...my PORSCHE diamond cut wheel and tyre protection is through mapfire/Abraxas in Bristol but at least we drive in and the OPC will do the rest (hopefully) they could do with getting something right..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Thats correct goron59 ...my PORSCHE diamond cut wheel and tyre protection is through mapfire/Abraxas in Bristol but at least we drive in and the OPC will do the rest (hopefully) they could do with getting something right..

Hope, a wonderful thing!

For me, I asked my OPC directly about how these things are handled, and basically, you're on your own. If you have a claim, you call the number on the policy documents. Repairs can be done by anybody approved by the terms of the policy schedule.

Honestly, I'm not being weird here, just trying to help people avoid an expensive decision because they think somehow the Porsche-offered policy is better.

If it happens to be cheaper or at least reasonable, than absolutely go for it.

For me and many others, it was frankly taking the piss.

I guess it's a bit like the discussion in another thread about never letting your dealer wash your car. Depends entirely on the quality of the person doing it, I think.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Hope, a wonderful thing!

For me, I asked my OPC directly about how these things are handled, and basically, you're on your own. If you have a claim, you call the number on the policy documents. Repairs can be done by anybody approved by the terms of the policy schedule.

Honestly, I'm not being weird here, just trying to help people avoid an expensive decision because they think somehow the Porsche-offered policy is better.

If it happens to be cheaper or at least reasonable, than absolutely go for it.

For me and many others, it was frankly taking the piss.

I guess it's a bit like the discussion in another thread about never letting your dealer wash your car. Depends entirely on the quality of the person doing it, I think.

o that does sound a p ss take goron .I'll put it to the test with my kerbed classic. .. cant believe a word they say I know. .
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
MacS

Post by MacS »

Last time my OPC washed my 911 they snapped the "Carrera" badge off !
However, to their credit they replaced it FOC with absolutely no question even when I only noticed it when I got home !
I also test drove a Macan whilst I was waiting and here I am .....
Macan S (petrol) July 2016 build www.porsche-code.com/PHNCVTZ0
Macan GTS ordered January 2016 www.porsche-code.com/PH7WIEH9
Previous : 911 C2S
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

it seems a long time since this thread was was aired,and I'm only here because its very relevent in the next couple of weeks.
What should I really insure ?
I normally would not bother with GAP .. but for this car I'm going to have it.
But forgetting the wheels and dings whats the "level" to go for?
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

OR
You could buy your insurance and get a new car replacement for two year included in the insurance premium.

Thanks to advice on this forum I paid £46 more with my insurance premium than my lowest quote and got the new car replacement and only a £150 excess

NFU

Check them out
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mcanny

Post by Mcanny »

NFU and Aviva Distinct have the same cover new car included in premium for first 3 years..... start there would be my suggestion..

As for tyres and wheels I 'self insure'
www.porsche-code.com/PG7L9Qc5 sold 24th March 2016

GTS ordered 9th November 15, May 16 build, May 24th delivered www.porsche-code.com/PH62SLM5