10% Discount on GAP Insurance, Tyre, Alloy, Insurance

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Hi guys, i suppose my OPC is taking the "wee' asking £1099 for return to invoice insurance?

I think he is doing more than taking the wee imo.
I never knew it could be that high. Unless of course you have managed to get yourself a 911R...

To be honest the price was not the reason i didn't use my OPC. It was the policy was not as good as others.
GTS 😀

reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Thanks Kas and tall phil,much appreciated..its for a macan gts if thats any help?
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

That's a lot more than my OPC quoted me for GAP (£599 from memory?). And in turn, that's a lot more than ALA.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thanks Kas and tall phil,much appreciated..its for a macan gts if thats any help?

certainly look elseware than OPC for this.

I did find scratch and minor damage insurance and wheel and Tyre cover very good policy and the price at my OPC was excellent. If they offer and is of interest to you worth posting and sure plenty will give you their advise.
Every OPC seems to have a different policy / offer / cost though so worth posting it if they offer this to you or you want it?

I appreciate the SE has to make his / her commission but there is no need for them to abuse it....

GTS 😀
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Not sure which OPC you are using, but it seems that those that are part of Porsche Retail Group (like mine) only offer GAP, not wheel/scratch insurance.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
gintonic

Post by gintonic »

got gap and tire insurance (I seem to have a habit of picking up nails) for less than Porsche wanted for gap alone.... and the discount was a bonus.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

NFU also an option with its 2 yr GAP cover. For me, a big saving over Aviva, and no need for a separate ALA policy, refunds from both more than cover the NFU premium.
I can't see any catches with the NFU T&C's can anyone else?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I suppose the only catch is that it is only 2 years. If you want 3-5 years you could take out an ALA policy after 5 months (price goes up if you have had the car between 6 and 12 months)
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I suppose the only catch is that it is only 2 years. If you want 3-5 years you could take out an ALA policy after 5 months (price goes up if you have had the car between 6 and 12 months)

Yes of course, not ideal for everyone, in which case ALA seems the best option Knowing me, this new S will be sold within 3 yrs, probably for an updated 2019 Macan, so it suits me.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
connorb77

Post by connorb77 »

Hi all new to Porsche and I'm due to collect my 2 year old Macan S Diesel on Thursday.
I have done some research on GAP insurance, Tyre and alloy and scratch and dent insurance. OPC are to say the lease very expensive. I have looked at ALA and they don't seen to cover diamond cut alloys.
I have found this site https://totallossgap.co.uk/ has anyone used these before as the price for all the above mentions products is around £720 and they do diamond cut alloys.
Thanks
Connor