10% Discount on GAP Insurance, Tyre, Alloy, Insurance

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

This forum has teamed up with ALA to offer all members a 10% discount off GAP Insurance.

gap.jpg

All Club members will receive a 10% discount too - just follow the link below:

http://www.ala.co.uk/r/?r=Carforum and use code: forum123

Have you thought about gap insurance?

From the moment you drive your car away from the dealer forecourt its value automatically depreciates. This depreciation will increase drastically over the course of you owning that car.
You may not be aware but should the worst happen and your vehicle is stolen or is involved in an accident where it is damaged beyond repair, even if you have fully comprehensive insurance, you will only receive the current market value as a payout from that insurer.

This could result in a shortfall of up to two-thirds of the value of the vehicle in as little as 3 years. Crucially a motor insurance company may not pay enough to settle the outstanding finance on the vehicle.

By purchasing GAP insurance this shortfall can be prevented. A GAP policy covers the difference in price between the initial price paid for a car and the market value payout by your comprehensive insurance company. It therefore ensures that you don’t suffer the financial loss otherwise associated with the loss of your car through theft or irreparable damage.

Are you thinking this will never happen to you?.........
  • UK Car Crime is a third of all crime
  • A vehicle is stolen every minute, 33% of these are never recovered
  • Cars depreciate by up to 77% over a 3 year period
  • Motor insurance settlements are always less than the price you pay for your car
  • When a write off occurs you lose out and have to raise the funds for any short fall
  • Write offs occur all too often; protect yourself!
Why ALA?

Market Value Clause
Make sure there isn’t one! This clause means that the GAP company will only pay from the Glass’s Guide Retail value. If your Comprehensive Insurer settles for less, you could well end up with a shortfall. ALA does not have one.

Maximum Value Clause
You don’t want one of these either! This means that the value of your car is typically capped at 105% of Glass’s Guide Retail value. If you have added some extras, which is very common, these extras may not be covered under your GAP policy. ALA does not have one.

Free Transfer
Of any unused premium and FREE policy amendments. ALA offers this.

Claim Period
If you have ever suffered a Total Loss Claim, you will know the level of stress it can cause, you may even forget to contact the GAP Insurer straight away. The better policies will give you 120 days to make a claim, lesser policies limit this to 30 days. ALA offers 120 days.

UK Registered Insurers
Buying from a UK insurer means that it is directly authorised and regulated by the FSA, which in turn offers you policy protection under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, will give you the security you need. Other GAP providers use off-shore insurers, who, although licensed to sell GAP Insurance in the UK, ultimately can step away from their obligations without redress. ALA are UK registered.

Extra features now available - all with our exclusive benefit! (Only when purchased with GAP)

Alloy Wheel Insurance
ALA Alloy Wheel insurance covers your car's Alloy Wheels for the repair of light, accidental damage.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Tyre Insurance
ALA Tyre Insurance repairs or replaces the tyres on your car, light van or motorcycle when damaged either accidentally or maliciously. Cover can be purchased for up to 3 years with up to 5 claims over the course of the policy.

Scratch and Dent Insurance
ALA Scratch and Dent insurance covers the cost of minor body damage to your car, occurring within the geographical limits of the UK.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Unsure about ALA?
I've had a lot of people ask if this cover is as good as their dealers and if so why is it so cheap. Well to put it bluntly - your dealer is making a lot of money off this product! GAP insurance from ALA is as good as or exceeds many products that your dealer offers. If you want to read up a little more - here is an article from Honest John: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/gap-insuran ... insurance/

Real life testimonial from a customer who made a GAP Insurance claim with ALA Insurance Brokers:
“ALA with my loss were great on the phone and within 3 weeks of notifying them I had a cheque in the post, so I would recommend that you use ALA Insurance Brokers"

Graham Jones
All Club members will receive a 10% discount too - just follow the link below:

http://www.ala.co.uk/r/?r=Carforum and use code: forum123

Malk

Post by Malk »

Not sure tyre insurance worth it but certainly the allow wheel policy looks good value. Do Porsche wheels cost mroe to refurb as there is max £100 limit? Standard OEM refurb for Audi etc is £80
Diesel S Taken delivery 12/04/14
Replaced 4/7/14
Sold back to OPC 10/10/15
Now proud owner of 3rd Macan Volcano Grey 2.0T **WHICH IS UP FOR SALE**
Ordered 1st Edition XC40 T5 :o

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW6XE96
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Not sure tyre insurance worth it but certainly the allow wheel policy looks good value. Do Porsche wheels cost mroe to refurb as there is max £100 limit? Standard OEM refurb for Audi etc is £80

I had the tyre and wheel insurance when we bought the wifes boxster last year. 3 weeks into having the car, went to get into it on a Sunday morning and noticed a flat tyre. A quick call to Porsche assist and we had a transporter picking the car up and dropping it off at Porsche Exeter. They dealt with the tyre insurance and a new tyre was fitted (£250 approx) and the car collected on Monday. So I'm only about £100 down on the insurance and I've still got just under 2 years cover.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFEUU4Q4
SPL

Post by SPL »

Good to hear! I will be going for tyre and GAP insurance for sure.

I actually did the GAP Insurance but not the tyre. Weighed it up and not viable... says he...
SPL2015-02-18 15:37:39
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
spook

Post by spook »

Doing a bit of due diligence and noticed the ALA website now only does "Back to Invoice Plus " instead of the "Back to Invoice".
Yes I understand it then refunds (total loss) for a replacement vehicle at the latest list price or similar if it not available any more but I would just be happy with back to the original invoice as it is much cheaper insurance.

Also noticed on the wheel insurance that Diamond Cut alloys are not covered.

911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Thanks for this.
Went for GAP, but left out the extras. Got tyre+alloy cover from Porsche themselves as it seemed like a reasonable deal at the time.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
davewf

Post by davewf »

I went with Tyre insurance because I reckoned when I get a puncture I will have to use a Porsche dealer to quickly get a replacement so will be paying top dollar.

This was the case with my BMW run flats I had two claims both occurred when I needed to be away that day or early the next morning and none of the tyre chains stocked the tyres. BMW dealer however could get them in a few hours.

I know I have a spacesaver but it wont run a couple of hundred miles neither will a run flat for that matter.
steve w

Post by steve w »

Took out GAP , TYRE and WHEEL insurance from OPC did us a good deal for £695 for 3years,you have Porsche dealership at the back of you if required.
Steve W
jamacan

Post by jamacan »

That's a fantastic deal Steve W, but my OPC was asking for £995 for GAP alone!
I finally got tyre insurance from them but got GAP, alloy wheels, and scratch and dent, and excess cover from ALA.
I would have preferred to go direct with the OPC because I agree it would be good to have everything in one place but they wouldn't budge on the GAP cost although they did match my tyre quote from ALA.
Macan S Petrol ordered June 2014, build date 8 July 2015, collected 25 July 2015
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGJ1GY70
goron59

Post by goron59 »

OPC wanted 2.5x what ALA wanted for GAP for me and with a 20000 cap. ALA has a 50000 cap.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR